2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

This date last year the Phillies had exactly the same number of wins as today (84).

They also had seven more losses and an untouchable Brad Lidge.

It's science.

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 16, 2009, 09:53:15 PM
I think Ho Chi Minh pulled a hamstring tonight.

Yay injuries.

part of Zimmerman's splintered bat hit him on the line drive DP in the 7th

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Park is out 2-3 weeks

Another sweep of the Nats, Lidge reaches 30 saves (amazingly), and the Marlins lost.  If Atlanta loses, the magic number drops to 9...

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 17, 2009, 11:14:23 PM
I will complain about injuries.

The bullpen is a mess.

You realize they have guys coming back (since I specifically posted that to you a few days ago).
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

unless they have a time machine and can go pick up 2008 romero, madson and lidge, then there's still concerns about damn near everyone in the pen. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 17, 2009, 11:28:37 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 17, 2009, 11:14:23 PM
I will complain about injuries.

The bullpen is a mess.

You realize they have guys coming back (since I specifically posted that to you a few days ago).

Yes. But how effective are Condrey, Romero and Eyre going to be?

MDS

LBIggle

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 17, 2009, 10:22:59 PM
COMPLAIN MORONS

next six are against actual major league teams....win four and i wont complain for at least a week
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lol @ the braves being a major league team

and they went 6-1 against those AAA teams. exactly what youre supposed to do.