2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: LBIggle on September 11, 2009, 01:14:35 AM
werth and victorino both deserve errors.

blanton was due for a bad start.

howards a dumb piece of shtein.  he couldn't just strike out in a big spot like he usually does.

WTF did Victorino do now?  I missed the first 7 innings.  I swear he's smoking some of that shtein from Maui recently.  He's made some real stupid plays in the past few weeks.

The one time I would have been ok with Howard whiffing.  That first called strike was bullshtein. 

What a zesty break on that wild pitch that hit the brick wall and bounced right back to the catcher.  Still looked like Utley had plenty of time to take second as the Nats were so worried about Vic at third.

All said and done it was still an incredible ninth.  Stairs hitless since the Civil War and he gets a grand slam.  Unreal.  I really thought they were going to pull it off.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on September 11, 2009, 02:21:17 AM
WTF did Victorino do now?  I swear he's smoking some of that shtein from Maui recently.  He's made some real stupid plays since birth.

simply the dumbest player in pro sports
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

here's who's getting the Phils/Mets game on FOX tomorrow:

New York
Pennsylvania
Vermont
MA - Springfield
Connecticut
Maryland
VA - Richmond
NC - Wilmington
FL - Miami, Orlando, Gainesville
Hawaii
US Virgin Islands

Everyone else is getting Braves/Cardinals or White Sox/Angels...

Sgt PSN

LBIggle

Quote from: Don Ho on September 11, 2009, 02:21:17 AM
Quote from: LBIggle on September 11, 2009, 01:14:35 AM
werth and victorino both deserve errors.

blanton was due for a bad start.

howards a dumb piece of shtein.  he couldn't just strike out in a big spot like he usually does.

WTF did Victorino do now?  I missed the first 7 innings.  I swear he's smoking some of that shtein from Maui recently.  He's made some real stupid plays in the past few weeks.

The one time I would have been ok with Howard whiffing.  That first called strike was bullshtein. 

What a zesty break on that wild pitch that hit the brick wall and bounced right back to the catcher.  Still looked like Utley had plenty of time to take second as the Nats were so worried about Vic at third.

All said and done it was still an incredible ninth.  Stairs hitless since the Civil War and he gets a grand slam.  Unreal.  I really thought they were going to pull it off.

victorino tried to make a spectacular sliding grab on a routine ground ball to the outfield had it kicked away and allowed another run to score.  the slide would have accomplished nothing.  nor would it have been spectacular.

yeah the first strike call on howard was bullshtein but him getting all butt hurt then swinging at the next pitch miles outside of the strike zone is pretty stupid.

marlins= 5 back.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Not possible.

I liked Charlie's "WTF" exasperated look when Madson gave up a hit to start the 9th.

Choke's average against LHP is sinking, and he failed to get a run home with a guy on 3rd and less than two outs.

I think I heard they are hitting .213 with runners on 3rd and .251 with RISP

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

They're not bad. They are playing bad lately though. And their hitting with runners on and late inning bullpen problems are worrisome.

Eyre is hurt, Romero is hurt, Lidge is in trouble....Myers is a week back from hip surgery and Madson hasn't exactly been lights out as a closer either.

MDS

yup. and none of those problems are going to be fixed.

the offense has always been like this. the bullpen is all farged up. complaining and yelling will accomplish nothing. maybe you just have to come to grips that winning a world series takes an enormous amount of timing and luck and this year the cards arent falling.

PhillyPhreak54

I agree with that, but like I said before...I don't like watching sloppy baseball, especially from the Phillies and especially when they have the ability to win it all again.

Happ is gonna miss another one, and I think that is smart...do not push him.

Quote2) J.A. Happ is improving, but Manuel said that the lefthander could miss a third start due to the innercostal strain that has sidelined him since Monday. Happ was throwing lightly off of flat ground in right field today.

"It sounds like he is going to miss another one, but I'm not sure," Manuel said. He later labelled the chances of Happ returning in time for his scheduled start next week "50/50.

ice grillin you

i cant think of team in the NL that wont run them straight out the playoffs right now

MDS

most likely yes

but the thing is its luck. if cliff lee and cole hamels are on then they could easily go back to philly up 2-0 on stl and la. also you need the luck that manuel will give up lon idge. and that the phillies will hit the 3 run homers. you do that and little momentum could take them.

but i wouldnt predict them to win it. but its not out of the realm of possibility, unlike the eagles winning the super bowl.