2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

yippie.  

Giants are going to be one hell of a test.  Let's see if Cole can step up and not get his skirt all out of kilter.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 30, 2009, 10:38:13 PM
Whew. I'm not sure Lidge had total control tonight but he did throw a few excellent pitches and got lucky with the balls that were contacted. Got the save.

the first slider he threw to escobar was pretty sick and then each one he threw in the last ab were pretty filthy too.  the pitches in the middle were a little scary, especially that fastball he threw to la roche.  he barely missed lauching that one.  

but, a good outing none the less.  

BigEd76

Sanchez/TBD/Lincecum......fun

magic number = 26

QB Eagles

Yup. That first slider to Escobar suddenly dropped out of the sky. Hopefully his confidence is coming back and Charlie won't try to use him 4 games in a row again.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 30, 2009, 10:42:55 PM

magic number = 26

That TBD has a helluva slider!

Good win tonight, despite Madson trying to farg it up.

That guy infuriates me when he tries to get cute with his pitches. Dude went and found the ability to rear back and blow 95-97 gas by people and he doesn't use it enough. He gets guys late as hell on that fastball and then nibbles with the change and slows their bats down.

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 31, 2009, 01:44:38 AM
Quote from: BigEd76 on August 30, 2009, 10:42:55 PM

magic number = 26

That TBD has a helluva slider!

Good win tonight, despite Madson trying to farg it up.

That guy infuriates me when he tries to get cute with his pitches. Dude went and found the ability to rear back and blow 95-97 gas by people and he doesn't use it enough. He gets guys late as hell on that fastball and then nibbles with the change and slows their bats down.

He falls in love with his changeup too much. Chipper Jones didn't even get his bat halfway around on the fastball that he missed. Then he threw him two straight changes--I hold my breath when he comes into games anymore. Meanwhile, Scott Eyre is the new JC Romero this year. 1.67 ERA so far???

mpmcgraw

Madson's changeup is his best pitch and it's not close.  It's one of the best righthanded changeups in the majors.  I wouldn't call it Hoffman level like some people(Morgan? Conlin?  someone did) do, but it's definitely a plus plus pitch. 

Madson's fastball would get mollywopped if hitters didn't fear his changeup.  His fastball is straight as an arrow.  He throws it hard and WHEN he hits his spots with it he is absolutely nasty but even suggesting that his fastball is his best pitch is pretty stupid.

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: jihadist monk on August 31, 2009, 05:00:32 AM
Madson's changeup is his best pitch and it's not close.  It's one of the best righthanded changeups in the majors.  I wouldn't call it Hoffman level like some people(Morgan? Conlin?  someone did) do, but it's definitely a plus plus pitch. 

Madson's fastball would get mollywopped if hitters didn't fear his changeup.  His fastball is straight as an arrow.  He throws it hard and WHEN he hits his spots with it he is absolutely nasty but even suggesting that his fastball is his best pitch is pretty stupid.

Well, from what I've seen ever since the season started, his changeup is the pitch getting whacked.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: jihadist monk on August 31, 2009, 05:00:32 AM

Did you just say "mollywhopped".... :-D

It IS a plus pitch, but when you have a guy who is later than hell on his fastball up in the zone...you go back to that well. Bobby is right, he falls in love with it too much. Why slow Chipper's bat down when he's late?

MDS

i didnt know madson was a hall of famer. that interesting. are you gonna take a break from reading baseball prospectus and giving handys to bill james to give the induction speech?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 31, 2009, 12:11:44 PM
Why slow Chipper's bat down when he's late?

because madson like most players on this team is slightly smarter than a refrigerator

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

The bitch is back!  Nice job Cole.

Is Penny going tomorrow night?