2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

Sgt PSN

the program guide for directv is saying that the phils game is on the mlb network but when i go to that channel it says that's blacked out in my area.  why the farg would a phillies/pirates game be blacked out in cali? 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

LBIggle

this whole team is turning into a bunch a farging choke artists.

Sgt PSN

LBIggle

they'll be winning just as much this year if they keep up their bs with RISP and their ability to close out games.  it might not hurt them now with a big lead in the division and playing inferior teams, but they are weaknesses that will surely be glaring come playoff time.

MDS

and those weaknesses arent going away

they never could hit with risp and manufacture runs. the closer has blown ass this year. it will probably cost them. getting mad and yelling isnt going to solve this. they are a hr hitting team and lidge needs months off to regroup. what do you want?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

They have the highest OPS with RISP.  They have the highest OPS overall.

They are by far the best lineup in the NL.

Shut up. 

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

the lineup is absolutely no different than last year...it what it is...they have to many strikeouts and to many dummies

the question is can the pitching win it for them again this year...if hamels becomes hamels and happ is for real they have a great shot
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

phils are something like 9-12 at PNC park since 2003.  for whatever reason, they just don't play well there. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 28, 2009, 08:43:39 AM
the question is can the pitching win it for them again this year...if hamels becomes hamels and happ is for real they have a great shot

if hamels pulls his head out of his ass, then you've got 3 guys (lee, hamels, happ) who have the ability to go deep into games and possibly even the distance.  all 3 have thrown at least one cg for the phils this year, no?