2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 27, 2009, 12:43:33 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 26, 2009, 11:04:19 PMdefinitely can't hang that one on cole though

I wasn't....he pitched awesome.  I don't think he'll reach 10 wins because the few games where he's looked awesome, the bullpen blew it for him.  Out of his 25 starts this year:

8 losses
7 wins
6 games he was winning when he left and the bullpen couldn't hold it
3 games he was losing when he left and they came back to get him off the hook
1 game he was going to win and got knocked out early because of injury

maybe if he wasnt Hoyda he go farther in games or finish them off like a man as cliff lee does...its not like cole is going 8+ everytime out and then the closer blows it...a good amount of games he leaves in the 6th or 7th innings....you cant always expect the pen to pitch three scorless

hes pitched more than 7 innings three god damn times all year...and in games hes pitched seven or more hes 4-2...so i think its a little off to say the pen has been blowing games for him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

he wasnt young back in the 70's at the vet...i just assumed he died

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

unless we have very different definitions of old you arent talking about the OG

MDS

there is no way igy stepped foot in the vet in the 70's. he cant be that old.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

The original guy died years ago, there was a copy cat guy at the Vet and the first few years of CBP, he probably just can't afford tickets anymore
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 27, 2009, 03:49:52 PM
there is no way igy stepped foot in the vet in the 70's. he cant be that old.

of course i did...i dont remember dook...but ive read and heard about him

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on August 27, 2009, 03:50:03 PM
The original guy died years ago, there was a copy cat guy at the Vet and the first few years of CBP, he probably just can't afford tickets anymore

theres copy cat guys everywhere...its almost like the eagles chant now...but on a much smaller scale of course...go to any phillie road game and youll have some dope doing it

MDS

inqy article from 2003 on him

http://sites.managerslogin.com/folder55/index.cfm?id=52143&fuseaction=browse&pageid=35

QuoteThe voice that belongs to Brad Golden, a Northeast Philadelphian who will turn 47 on Sept. 28

lol @ this piece of cottman ave garbage am i right igs?

ice grillin you

the only poor jew in the world should not be calling anyone trash

PhillyGirl

QuoteAround Veterans Stadium, Golden is known as The Wha Whoo Man. (That's how Golden spells wahoo). Since the Vet opened in 1971, he and his family have owned six season tickets in Section 224. Wearing a pinstriped Phillies shirt with the words "Everybody Hits, Wha Whoo!!" on the back and his deceased dad's initials on an arm patch, he sits in Row 1, just behind the left corner of the Phils' dugout. Whether the Phillies are leading or hopelessly behind, Golden is always upbeat, always delivering his trademark phrases.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 27, 2009, 04:02:13 PM
the only poor jew in the world should not be calling anyone trash

what part of having 15k in the bank is poor you arab

Sgt PSN

you're confusing the difference between being poor and being broke.  having 15k in the bank means you're not broke but it still makes you poor.  just like me.