2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

how about "I will be happy because they are World Champs, up by 6 games in their division and I realize they can't win every game" ?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on August 26, 2009, 02:05:11 PM
how about "I will be happy because they are World Champs, up by 6 games in their division and I realize they can't win every game" ?
unpossible
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

About sums it up. lol
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

even though lidge may have been a bit fatigued last night, i've pretty much reached the point where i'm ready for a change.   lidge is either farged in the head, still hurt or both.  in any case, he's not in the necessary condition to close games because tired or not, blowing a lead against the farging pirates is inexcusable. 

joaquim soria for closer in 2010. 

ice grillin you

i dry heave almost every time i see lidge come in the game but there is some merit to the overworked thing....much less four friggin days in a row...mariano rivera would struggle on that kind of workload

With rest: 2.38 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, and 75 percent of the appearances without allowing an earned run.

Without rest: 9.95 ERA, 1.90 WHIP, and 56 percent of the appearances without allowing an earned run.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I am happy about all of that. But when watching a game and seeing poor ABs or bad pitching I don't get all warm and fuzzy about the WS at that moment. I want them to win another one, obviously...and they have to get better in some areas to do that

I'm DVR'ing the game tonight...hopefully Court Jester Hamels can step it up tonight

Rome

Another late lead another blown save this time courtesy of Madson.

farging iceholes.

Rome

Choke Dog with a monumental shot.

4-1 Phils, top of the 10th.

There's more Phillies fans there than Pirates fans.  LOL - yep - Pittsburgh fans are the bestest ever.

:-D

PhillyGirl

Its a shame, that park is gorgeous. And never even half full.

Great shot by Howard. He's so hot right now.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

definitely can't hang that one on cole though.  didn't see the game, but 7k's over 8 scoreless innings ain't too shabby.  the 7 hits is a little high but as long as he's keeping runs off the board, there's not much to really complain about. 

MDS

im pretty sure he threw a little hissy fit tempertantrum when he didnt get the win. what a twat.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

can't blame anyone for bitching out these closers, they deserve it

BigEd76

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 26, 2009, 11:04:19 PMdefinitely can't hang that one on cole though

I wasn't....he pitched awesome.  I don't think he'll reach 10 wins because the few games where he's looked awesome, the bullpen blew it for him.  Out of his 25 starts this year:

8 losses
7 wins
6 games he was winning when he left and the bullpen couldn't hold it
3 games he was losing when he left and they came back to get him off the hook
1 game he was going to win and got knocked out early because of injury

Rome

They have 18 blown saves this year yet they are still 22 games over .500.  That's ridiculous.