2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

you want a homer for a pbp guy who goes nuts on a good play NOT for a color guy. wheels sucks in that hell downplay anything bad that happens to the phils and overplay anything good. like jimmy rollins will field a routine grounder and wheels will go off on hows hes the greatest defensive ss of all time bla bla bla. its nauseating.

the mets guys are most likely the best in baseball because while they openly root for the mets they dont suck their cocks like most hometown announcers do.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: King Cole on August 26, 2009, 12:40:41 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 25, 2009, 08:31:19 AM
nothing to chomp at...its truth...they are an outstanding team of announcers.....unless you like blatant homer douchefargs like wheels

Why would you want an unbiased announcer? Thats what national games are for.

wow are you a real person?...if so youre everything thats wrong with sports

are you honestly saying you like mcarthy and wheels more than franzke and LA?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

as bad as lidge was last night, 90% of this falls on Manuel.  why the farg are you bringing him in Monday's game for his 3rd appearance in a row, in a 4 run game.  yesterday was his 4th appearance in a row, that's too many and shouldn't happen.  just awful bullpen management.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

charlies a farging buffoon and always will be...i said on monday that he was bringing him in because he knew the pirates were coming up next and figured the team would go double digit runs in every game and not need lidge....

if he had really looked at it he would have known pittsburghs been playing well lately and ohelndorf specifically has been great...at least last nights game if not all three looked as though it could defintely be tight and he still ran lidge out there on monday....

or another thought i had was i wonder if charlie thought monday was sunday since it was a day game and series closer which rarely if ever happens on a monday...and because of that he thought the team had a day off yesterday

PhillyPhreak54

McCutcheon is gonna be a pimp.

Lidge is horseshtein

The whole offense last night was horseshtein. Way to get some runs, iceholes.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 26, 2009, 08:40:47 AM
Way to get some runs, iceholes.

lol

the offense was fine...youre not going to score 9 runs every game...and they were facing a hot pitcher...i mean they scored two in the 9th to take the lead...that should have been good enough to win

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 26, 2009, 08:59:08 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 26, 2009, 08:40:47 AM
Way to get some runs, iceholes.

lol

the offense was fine...youre not going to score 9 runs every game...and they were facing a hot pitcher...i mean they scored two in the 9th to take the lead...that should have been good enough to win

I have to agree. Phreak, holy crap...drink, breathe, drink again.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

dudes been pulling this stunt all year. if they lose A GAME the whole house of cards comes tumbling down. while of course 100% of the blame should be on washed up lidge and that buffoon charlie manuel. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

and Werth, for being a hack in the field and not being ready to come into the game
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, I'm the nutjob here because it bothers me that they don't score on zesty teams. They could barely get a hit off of Ohlendorf except for Jimmy's homers. I don't like watching bad ABs and they had a lot of them last night.

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 26, 2009, 01:54:55 PMthey don't score on zesty teams

What did they do against Arizona and New York?

Lidge blows, but he shouldn't have been out there for a 4th day in a row.  There was no need to use him on Monday...

ice grillin you

also ohlendorf coming into the game had given up like 10 earned runs in his last six starts

MDS

PhillyPhreak54

Ok...you're right. I will be happy they shtein the bed last night. Cy Ohlendorf.