2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Rome

Howard's second dinger was a farging blast.  It's hilarious to listen to Darling & Hernandez heap praise on him because you know it annoys the shtein out of them to do so.

Also - I don't see how Lee can possibly keep this up, but goddamn it, I hope he does.

ice grillin you

actually darling and hernandez are about as unbiased announcers as there are in pro sports...not just baseball...

they are absolutely superb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

ice grillin you

nothing to chomp at...its truth...they are an outstanding team of announcers.....unless you like blatant homer douchefargs like wheels
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

QB Eagles

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

QB Eagles

Quote"Hopefully, the luck has flip-flopped now," said Brad Lidge, whose 25th save in the Phillies' 9-7 win over the Mets was as odd as they come. "At times this year, the ball hasn't bounced the way you expect it to, but Lady Luck changed. Hopefully."

farg you

bowzer

What did he throw.. like four pitches??? and gave up three runs.

Don Ho

Can they just please get rid of Lidge already.   Does anyone trust this guy in a meaningful game?  Just pathetic.  What a difference a year makes.  
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

So trade last year's Lidge for this year's, and last year the Phillies don't make the playoffs, and this year they have the best record in baseball. The guy is directly costing the Phils a huge chunk of games.

Lidge is silently as mental as Shawn Andrews.

LBIggle

when is myers next appearance? put him right into the closer position when he's ready.. lidge has done enough to lose it.  i dont give a shtein what he did last year.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 25, 2009, 08:31:19 AM
nothing to chomp at...its truth...they are an outstanding team of announcers.....unless you like blatant homer douchefargs like wheels

Why would you want an unbiased announcer? Thats what national games are for.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.