2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

As in did you not predict the Braves or Marlins would overtake us like two weeks ago?

Rome

Quote from: phillymic2000 on August 20, 2009, 10:18:56 PM
They need to freakin pound the Mets into the ground this weekend.

I said on the other board that nothing makes me happier as a Phillies fan than watching the Mets drift further and further towards oblivion.

I hate those iceholes more than the Cowboys now, which is really surprising considering how much I hate the doughboys.

BigEd76

ice grillin you

Quote from: jihadist monk on August 21, 2009, 02:12:09 PM
As in did you not predict the Braves or Marlins would overtake us like two weeks ago?

negative genius...but i did think it would be a lot closer by the end of the braves series...btwn when i said that and the end of the atl set the marlins trimmed only a half game off the lead and made it 4.5...i thought it would be super close like down to a a game or so
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 21, 2009, 02:33:09 PM
Quote from: jihadist monk on August 21, 2009, 02:12:09 PM

negative genius...but i did think it would be a lot closer by the end of the braves series...btwn when i said that and the end of the atl set the marlins trimmed only a half game off the lead and made it 4.5...i thought it would be super close like down to a a game or so

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

well that needs to be bought. wheels is a legend of epic proportions. epically bad. but still.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

its not back pedal it is what is...more than any other in my lifetime i cant figure this team out for shtein and havent been able to for the better part of a year....they drive me insane
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

how can a team 6.5 up in the division and 20 games over drive you insane. they are 1 game in the loss column from the dodgers. what the hell is wrong with you.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

60 years ago today, a great day in Phillies vs. NY history:

Quote08/21/1949 - New York at Philadelphia - NL - A pop bottle barrage with one out in the top of the ninth inning of the second game of a doubleheader resulted in a forfeit win for the visiting team. New York was ahead 3-2 when umpire George Barr ruled that Richie Ashburn had missed a diving catch of a ball off the bat of Joe Lafata, scoring Willard Marshall with the fourth run. The players objected, but when the call was not reversed the fans got involved. The barrage continued despite pleas over the load speaker system. Umpire Lee Ballanfant was grazed by a bottle and Al Barlick was struck by a tomato. After waiting more than 15 minutes Barlick called the game for the Giants. - New York Times; 08/22/1949, p 1 (forfeit)

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Looks like tonight was a good night to have the power go out...

We got some bad ass storms around 6:30 and were without power until the 9th inning...just in time to see Rollins and Vic try to start something and Utley and Howard look like shtein against that farging showboating queer.

Seriously, the Mets are a mess and that clown acted like he just won the Series.

Tommy John can't visit Frankie soon enough