2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Lets see how much the beer throwing gets talked about on national TV.

It would be front page on espn.com if it were in Philly.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

ESPN will point out the Phillie fan throwing popcorn on the Cub fan

but how cool is this pic

QB Eagles

It wasn't old Pedro, but it got the job done tonight. As painful as it was to watch him get into that jam in the 5th, it was reassuring to see him get out of it with relatively minimal damage.

Also very entertaining to see the Phils offense tee off on that scrub pitcher and his replacement.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 12, 2009, 11:34:47 PM
Lets see how much the beer throwing gets talked about on national TV.

It would be front page on espn.com if it were in Philly.

Totally.  If that took place at CBP we'd here all about the jail, santa, booing, etc.  ESPN's top 10 list would be famous unruly acts by Philadelphia sports fans.

LBIggle

they throw beer. we throw batteries.  batteries hurt.  beer does not.  beer is expensive.  we win.  see ya next time your in town.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 13, 2009, 12:03:18 AM
It wasn't old Pedro, but it got the job done tonight. As painful as it was to watch him get into that jam in the 5th, it was reassuring to see him get out of it with relatively minimal damage.

Also very entertaining to see the Phils offense tee off on that scrub pitcher and his replacement.
It was his first game back. Did you expect anything close to Old Pedro? Give him a few more games...maybe we'll see even better than last night.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

as long as hes not current moyer im happy

but if you wanna be real about it...had that been moyer last night people would have be ripping the start

the main difference tho is that pedro has pitches to get himself out of jams via the K...moyer does not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 13, 2009, 09:02:38 AM

but if you wanna be real about it...had that been moyer last night people would have be ripping the start

the main difference tho is that pedro has pitches to get himself out of jams via the K...moyer does not

Moyer's also pitched all season and tired. Big difference. There is no way Moyer improves at this point of the season.

Eagles_Legendz

The movement and velocity on Pedro's pitches were encouraging.  The start as a whole was average, but the fact that there is potential to improve with him as the rust wears off automatically makes him better than Moyer.  Being Moyer is pretty much Pedro's floor.  My only concern was that he got a lot of 2 strike counts to hitters and couldn't quite put them away.  As I said though, hopefully that comes with increased starts.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 13, 2009, 09:12:49 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 13, 2009, 09:02:38 AM

Moyer's also pitched all season and tired. Big difference. There is no way Moyer improves at this point of the season.

pedro is 37 and has not been that good for years...he might have some better starts than he had last night but he is what he is but isnt going to get substantially better...just gotta hope he doesnt get a lot worse

but id pretty much rather have you out on the mound that ever see moyer again
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Best part of the whole beer thing was Vic smelling his arm in the dugout.

PhillyPhreak54

I missed the beer thing; I fell asleep. What inning did it happen? Any video clips?

Pedro looked pretty good last night as far as velocity and movement went. It was weird to see him in a Phils jersey though.