2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

The fact that I find myself agreeing with MDS again today makes me feel very icky and in dire need of a shower.

The fact that its a choice between IGY and MDS is even ickier.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2009, 12:02:49 PM
Quote from: MDS on August 12, 2009, 11:59:04 AM
the only thing people remember is dynastys.

noooooooooow youre getting it...two in a row wouldnt be a dynasty but back to back comes with huge historical significance and thats what i want for the fightins

historical significance? how about 2 in a row. in 30 years no one is going to remember anything about the 2 in a row unless the phils won on a walk off or come back from 3-0 or something. if its just 2 in row than thats it. no ones going to care that the first was against tampa. no ones going to care that the phils were a flawed team that caught some matchup breaks.

no one except for you.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you couldnt be more wrong...it would be HUGE...ive already seen the stat like 15 times on opponents broadcasts about the reds being the last nl team to do it

now if five years after the phils win another team goes back to back then it will of course be lessened but i dont anticipate that happening

if it makes you happy you can have the team that caught lighting in a bottle walked thru a terrible nl and beat some team called the devil rays in an anticlimatic clinching game that took two days to play to win the the lowest rated world series of all time then fine

ill take the first nl back to back champions in a generation
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

you misunderstood. im saying its back2back regardless of how the first one was won. they won last year. its over. it dont matter how it got done, it just got done.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2009, 08:10:04 AM
if lidge gets yanked from the closer role i guarantee he wont complain...he will say i have stunk the joint up and i dont deserve to be the closer right now

btw say what you want about the phils...and i have...they are a flawed champion until proven otherwise...but whatever they are one thing they most definitely arent is weak...in fact they are one of the mentally toughest teams ive ever seen...last nite was a great gut check win...hung in just long enough to get filthy ass harden out of the game....then on the road in a nutso enviroment (is there a more sustained loudness in baseball than wrigley field...that place is insane) they could have easily packed it in after POS lidge gave up the run...and seeing bencisco get the gw hr was perfect as he officially became part of the "room"

What? It's loud all the time cause a good amount of people are yapping away and not paying attention, its a college party atmosphere in the bleachers. I've never been to a more calm and no trash talking stadium in my life. I had some fun exchanges with the people that were sitting near us, but most were there for the atmosphere. It is 100% not nutso, and I never ever felt worried or threatend the entire time.

ice grillin you

its unbelievably loud...and it never stops...but sure thats from people chit chatting the whole game....not the people being on their feet half the game and going crazy

get the farg outta here
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 12, 2009, 12:03:02 PM
The fact that I find myself agreeing with MDS again today makes me feel very icky and in dire need of a shower.

The fact that its a choice between IGY and MDS is even ickier.

You mentioning showers, IGY & MDS in the same post isn't much better, PG.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Don Ho

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 12, 2009, 04:49:58 PM
Definitely juiced up on genke sushi

:-D :-D Nicholas is in heaven.  They're opening one right near our house. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2009, 03:48:11 PM
its unbelievably loud...and it never stops...but sure thats from people chit chatting the whole game....not the people being on their feet half the game and going crazy

get the farg outta here

That place is not going crazy the whole time, bottom line. Its loud like most stadiums, when the home team does something good. Its the loudest stadium I've been to with idle noise during the game. Its a party place, great atmosphere and a great stadium, thats about it.

BigEd76

Don Ho

Fat farg throwing a beer at Vic.  Vic gets the green light to climb up there and kick the shtein out of that prick.

BigEd76