2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

A good sign last night was that Happ bounced back after a bad last game.  :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 12, 2009, 10:02:02 AM
if a 10-K CG shutout is bad, then yea  :P

That was his last game? I thought his last game was not great? I dunno, the games are starting to mush together LOL. I know he had had a bad game in there recently. Oh well, nevermind then.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 12, 2009, 09:14:00 AM
IGY, what WS team doesn't have flaws? Especially now in retrospect that we are learning all of these WS teams had roid monkeys playing.

phillies had a 'roid monkey' last year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Who Romero?

OK...something he picked up from GNC that he was told was okay by MLB who then changed their minds?

or HGH or HcG?

Gee, which is the real problem here?

I cannot even believe you just said that. :puke

ice grillin you

and the guy who made steroids for balco said ortiz's explanation is entirely possible even probable...i call bullshtein on all of them...they all cheated

id bet my life more than just romero was roided out last year on the phils

you cant tell me you really believe the phillies are the only ws winner in the last 20 years to have not been roided out

PhillyGirl

No, IGY, that's not what I'm saying.

but that is not your reasoning as to why they were flawed. If you think Romero's GNC supplement is why they won the WS, you're really making no sense.

My point is that EVERY WS team is flawed. Why you insist on making it seem like the Phillies are the worst WS Champs ever is beyond me.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i never mentioned romero in any aspect until you started attacking other teams for steroids...i could give a rats ass about romero

the phils are in an awful division in an awful league with an incredible amount of talent on the roster and still cant pull away...as i said yesterday they should be and could be a great team but because of their issues (to many strikeouts - horrible manager - inconsistent hitting - super low baseball iq) they are just a team that caught lighting in a bottle last year and won....they deserve all the credit in the world for that...but lets not lump them in with the red sox white sox yankees angels or even diamondbacks of this decade

PhillyGirl

LOLOLOL at saying they don't "rank" with the Diamondbacks or the Red Sox (who apparently WERE all on roids), the White Sox???? or Angels.

They are just as good as any of those teams.

Maybe not the Yankees of the 90s, but still...wtf is wrong with you?

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

red sox would have urinated all over last years team

unit and schill would have lol'ed at the phils lineup then set postseason series strikeout records against them

and the white sox team is mad underrrated...they won a 100 reg season games and lost one playoff game

with the addition of lee the phillies of this year have/had an excellent chance to be a great team (if thats possible with chuckles as manager)...if hamels and lidge could return to form and the offense wouldnt be so stupid they have the makings of a powerhouse...but it doesnt appear that all those things can or will happen

MDS

what does it matter. the world series win last year counts just as much as the sox's and dbacks do. 2 are more memorable for what basically amounts to non-baseball reasons, but in reality the phils ws win will be just as forgettable as 95% of the other world series wins.

the only thing people remember is dynastys. it doesnt matter if you slop your way to them (like the pats) or if youre dominating (like the yanks). its all the same. stop being an idiot.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 12, 2009, 11:59:04 AM
the only thing people remember is dynastys.

noooooooooow youre getting it...two in a row wouldnt be a dynasty but back to back comes with huge historical significance and thats what i want for the fightins