2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

I thought the Giants couldn't score any runs?  10 hits off Hamels.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Is there any question in anyones mind that Lee is the new ace? Hamels may get his shtein together come post season but right now he's behind Lee AND Blanton. For mental purposes I almost hope Charlie makes him the #3 starter in the postseason.

Don Ho

Absolutely. Here it is August and Hamels is till struggling.  Not a good sign today.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on August 02, 2009, 07:38:33 PM
Absolutely. Here it is August and Hamels is till struggling.  Not a good sign today.

Hamels has been on and off all year.  His IP jumped big time last season, so it's not altogether surprising he's struggling a bit this year.  It would be nice to seem him get it all straightened out, but that may not happen this year.  Makes the Lee acquisition all the more important.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 02, 2009, 06:41:36 PM
Is there any question in anyones mind that Lee is the new ace? Hamels may get his shtein together come post season but right now he's behind Lee AND Blanton. For mental purposes I almost hope Charlie makes him the #3 starter in the postseason.

That would hurt him mentally. To show your reigning World Series MVP that you don't have confidence in him wouldn't be a good idea.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: King Cole on August 03, 2009, 01:12:27 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 02, 2009, 06:41:36 PM

That would hurt him mentally. To show your reigning World Series MVP that you don't have confidence in him wouldn't be a good idea.

Come playoff time, I don't give a rat's ass about Hamels' mental state.  You start the pitchers most likely to win.

reese125

no question

lee is the new ace and after watching him the the other day hamels should know that as well

PhillyGirl

I'm starting to think Hamels just can't handle any sort of adversity. Has he ever had a really bad stretch before?

He seems like a super-wuss.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

lol the guy is a world series/playoff mvp but cant handle adversity?

hes so cal at its heart so hes never gonna be street tough but the real problem is that he just isnt an ace and is overrated by many phillie fans....know that hes a number two type guy and he wont make you that upset
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

FIne, a #2 guy doesn't whine, bitch and moan after every hit he gives up.