2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if lincecums arm doesnt fall off hes gonna go down as one of the greatest...dook is insane
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2009, 09:25:22 AM
if lincecums arm doesnt fall off hes gonna go down as one of the greatest...dook is insane

Interesting that you had nothing to say about Lee's first game?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

yes indeed.  read a stat that said he's pitched more games (9) of at least 8 innings without giving up an earned run than anyone else in mlb since 2007.  that's incredible.  not to mention that he's already at 191 k's for the year and still probably has about 7 or so starts left this year so he'll probably finish up somewhere around 250 k's on the year.  

LBIggle

starting stairs and bako was farging dumb.  watching them try and execute a that play at the plate was vomit inducing.  no one in the league can hit lincecum what the hell is matt stairs gonna do for u.. or even worst.. bako.  it was pretty much chalked up as a loss anyway with moyer being the original starter.. but its frustrating when they have chances to take out one of the best if not the best pitcher in the league.  hopefully hamels steps up and tries to outshine lee.

SunMo

Yeah, I can't believe they started their left handed hitting options over Johnny Bench Ruiz and his .223 average. WTF!!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

LBIggle

neither one of them was going to hit lincecum is the point, at least ruiz resembles a major league catcher defensively.  how many passed balls did bako have? 2 or 3.  i honestly can't remember. anyways  dobbs throwing to ruiz looks quite a bit better in that situation and  i'd rather have dobbs bat in the lineup against lincecum over someone who swings for the fences every at bat. 

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: LBIggle link=topic=20461.msg690432#msg690432 date=1249237953i'd rather have dobbs bat in the lineup against lincecum over someone who swings for the fences every at bat. 
/quote]

Not me, against a guy like Lincecum maybe Stairs gets ahold of one. Dobbs does nothing for you.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 02, 2009, 12:38:12 PM

Interesting that you had nothing to say about Lee's first game?

lee aint no lincecum....belee DAT

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

LBIggle

wow thanks for the heads up.  i was in and out grilling and stuff and had the game recording to watch it a bit later.  just switched it to the other channel.. it doesn't look HD though.  wtf  TBS.. infomercials.... Romes.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

LBIggle

LBIggle

wow......... bruntlett contributes and gets a double.. then ruiz knocks him in??  insane.

LBIggle