2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 30, 2009, 09:51:58 AM
Was it just me, or did they look like they hit a wall last night? Like the west coast timezone thing? Swinging at terrible pitches all night long. Just didn't seem to be "in" it from the start.

i hope not.  i'll be at the game tonight. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 30, 2009, 09:30:58 AM
Would you rather have:

Lee
Brown
Happ
Drabek

or

Halladay
Knapp
Carrasco
Marson
Donald

For me an ace and 3 top 25 prospects is the better package.

the deal that includes halladay

and damn i didnt realize until reading it this morning that the phils would have had to put carrasco on the 40 man roster next season to avoid losing him in the rule 5....that makes the trade even better as theres no way he makes the team next year

Was it just me, or did they look like they hit a wall last night? Like the west coast timezone thing? Swinging at terrible pitches all night long. Just didn't seem to be "in" it from the start.

i dont know about hitting a wall...its not like they are at the end of a long trip...i think they saw a right hander with an era almost as high as lidges pitching and they thought they could go out there half ass it and score ten runs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

perhaps, but I know after a couple of days on the opposite coast, jet lag sets in for me.

just sayin.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

just plucked this blurb from the bottom of an espn.com article:

QuoteIn Lee's past three starts, he has pitched 25 innings, has allowed four earned runs and has not issued a single walk. If Lee can keep that up, the Phillies and Dodgers seem headed for another October get-together.

since the trade happened i've been looking a lot more closely at his career numbers and i'm becoming more and more impressed with him.  looks like he's been mostly hampered by poor offensive production and/or a weak bullpen unable to close out games for him.  so while he's obviously not roy halladay, he certainly seems to be a more consistant pitcher than i originally gave him credit for.

hbionic

Props to Philly for making the move for Lee and giving up nothing.

farg you all! :boom :boom :boom
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

Down in AC last night some guy at the table insisted that the Phillies weren't done and Lee was going to be a piece in a trade for Halladay.

I found it interesting, but quickly shook him off as a crazy old fat dude.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

w/ Halladay the playoff rotation would have been

Halladay
Hamels
Blanton
Moyer/Martinez/whoever

Instead it'll probably be

Lee
Hamels
Happ
Blanton

That, plus all the farm talent saved, plus all the contract money saved for future moves, plus the fact they got a RH bat...it's by far the better deal even if Lee isn't the better pitcher. Hopefully it works out as well on the field as it does on paper. This team is loaded up with talent.

Don Ho

The whole game just had a "blah" feel to it.  Crowd was bored, players looked bored.  I always thought the DBacks stadium/dome had more life to it.  Felt like I was watching a game in a high school auditorium.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons