2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

One of those nights.  A no-name, borderline major-leaguer had the Phils number again.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Don Ho

Phils better not get hosed on this review.

Where the hell was this crew on Dobbs HR against Boston?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Rome on July 29, 2009, 06:09:12 PM
Worst trade in history.

Tell me about it, not only is this the worst world series champion team in history, they traded for a the worst Al Cy young winner ever, this is worstest then sarge raping the rams helmet back in 2004, and that was clearly the worst thing these eyes have seen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 30, 2009, 12:15:50 AM
Worst trade in history.

Tell me about it, not only is this the worst world series champion team in history, they traded for a the worst Al Cy young winner ever, this is worstest then sarge raping the rams helmet back in 2004, and that was clearly the worst thing these eyes have seen

if you only knew how soft and moist the inside of that helmet was. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 29, 2009, 10:34:13 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 29, 2009, 10:25:02 PM
QuoteEarly indications were that they were leaning toward bumping J.A. Happ and Rodrigo Lopez to the bullpen to make room for Lee and Pedro. But they'd rather be sorting all that out than contemplating what their prospective October rotation might look like without Cliff Lee.

From Stark...

So lemme get this straight; they are considering bumping JA Happ, a guy who they would not trade to Toronto, to the bullpen?

So basically Kyle Drabek was the ultimate untouchable. Amaro better hope the hype is right with this dude.

Phreak, scuttlebutt is that the Phils offered the package they traded to Cleveland plus Happ to Toronto, and they wouldn't take it.

Don't know if Drabek was the lone sticking point.  I think they wanted him and Brown plus.

Seems like Riccardi was truthful all along that they wouldn't easily move Halladay.  We'll see in a couple of days.

I suppose if Amaro's information was right in the sense that LA was hot on Lee's trail, then they had to pull the trigger and not wait on Ricciardi to decide what he wanted to do or to try and work him down.

But I can't shake the fact that Halladay was available and the Phillies were the front runners and if the sticking point was Happ and Drabek they could not get it done.

All I'm saying is Drabek better be the real deal

phillymic2000

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 30, 2009, 12:24:03 AM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 30, 2009, 12:15:50 AM
Worst trade in history.

if you only knew how soft and moist the inside of that helmet was. 

From the way you were slapping it and calling out ATV's name, I really dont want to know ;D

Seabiscuit36

I understand that Phreak, but they ended up getting a Cy Young pitcher for not even one of the top 4 prospects, where JP wanted all 4 of the top 4.  Riccardi screwed the pooch, and i'd love to see halladay go nowhere now. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 30, 2009, 12:27:36 AM
All I'm saying is Drabek better be the real deal

theres such a small chance that drabek will be a number one its not even worth trying to figure out...hope hes a one but expect him to be a gavin floyd
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 30, 2009, 07:53:10 AM
I understand that Phreak, but they ended up getting a Cy Young pitcher for not even one of the top 4 prospects, where JP wanted all 4 of the top 4.  Riccardi screwed the pooch, and i'd love to see halladay go nowhere now. 

I was fine with giving up Drabek, I just didn't want to give up Drabek, Brown, Taylor etc. If it had been say Drabek, Carrasco, Marson, Donald, you make that deal in a heartbeat. 

ice grillin you

i would have given up the entire system for halladay

but im happy with the lee deal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Would you rather have:

Lee
Brown
Happ
Drabek

or

Halladay
Knapp
Carrasco
Marson
Donald

For me an ace and 3 top 25 prospects is the better package.

PhillyGirl

Was it just me, or did they look like they hit a wall last night? Like the west coast timezone thing? Swinging at terrible pitches all night long. Just didn't seem to be "in" it from the start.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 30, 2009, 09:30:58 AM
Would you rather have:

Lee
Brown
Happ
Drabek

or

Halladay
Knapp
Carrasco
Marson
Donald

For me an ace and 3 top 25 prospects is the better package.

the phils still have what toronto wants.  too bad ownership doesn't realize that revenue will absolutely go through the roof if they'd find a way to pull the trigger on it.