2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Rumor floating around is Carrasco, Marson, and Donald for Lee. Can you say highway robbery if that's true.

Eagles_Legendz

Rumors are Donald, Carrasco, and Marson, for Lee, which would be a great pull letting them keep Taylor/Brown/Happ/Drabek.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 29, 2009, 11:23:51 AM
Rumor floating around is Carrasco, Marson, and Donald for Lee. Can you say highway robbery if that's true.

I'd prefer Halladay, but that would be an absolute steal.  Jesus.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 29, 2009, 11:26:47 AM
My dad just called and said that Boston got Halladay?

False

although as of right now they seem to be the front runner

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 29, 2009, 11:26:11 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 29, 2009, 11:23:51 AM

I'd prefer Halladay, but that would be an absolute steal.  Jesus.

He's everyones number one choice, but I think Ricciardi's demands are absurd. If you can get Lee - who's a damn good pitcher, makes way less money, and you keep the teams top prospects - then it's a great move.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 29, 2009, 11:26:47 AM
My dad just called and said that Boston got Halladay?

he must be listening to wip because that idiot rob cherry is reading a rumor off yahoo that i saw last night at like 8 and hes reporting it as a deal thats all but done

in fact its the deal that i posted in this thread that gammons 100% shot down saying the red sox deem westmoreland untouchable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

fwiw, they're saying done deal for Lee, and the Phils dropped out of Halladay talks
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 29, 2009, 11:38:33 AM
fwiw, they're saying done deal for Lee, and the Phils dropped out of Halladay talks

Who is 'they'?

I'm seeing Knapp may be included in the deal, I figured Carrasco/Marson/Donald was too low.

ice grillin you

yeah theres no way they get lee for those three bums...they would have to include a lower level good prospect or taylor...knapp makes sense...they are also mentioning trevor may on wip

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Rosenthal:
QuotePhils' prospect at center of Lee talks — 11:10 a.m.

To trade Roy Halladay, the Blue Jays want the Phillies to part with both left-hander J.A. Happ and right-hander Kyle Drabek.

The Phillies might get Indians left-hander Cliff Lee without trading either pitcher.

Class A right-hander Jason Knapp is the centerpiece of the Phillies' offer for Lee, a major-league source says.

Knapp, who does not turn 19 until Aug. 31, is currently sidelined with shoulder stiffness, and much further away from the majors than Happ and Drabek.

One scout, however, says Knapp's upside is greater than Drabek's, calling the 6-foot-5, 215-pound righty a "Halladay clone."

The Phillies would need to add other quality prospects to obtain Lee. They are also in the mix for Mariners left-hander Jarrod Washburn

I'd rather give up Happ than Knapp. I could live with giving up Knapp considering he's probably 3-4 years away from the bigs as is.

Seabiscuit36

SD_Eagle5

Pretty sure Amaro is done with Ricciardi.

QuoteIf the Phillies can't get Halladay or Lee, their next choice might be to strengthen their bullpen, and attempt to trade for Baltimore reliever George Sherrill, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney. The Phillies have had talks with Philadelphia about the left-hander, and the Orioles have been scouting Carrasco.