2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Knapp is just as highly touted as Drabek, just younger and  without TJ surgery I guess roooob likes Drabek more because he's closer
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 29, 2009, 08:37:09 AM
Quote"I don't know what was harder -- that [Phillies lineup] or the AL All-Star team lineup," - Dan Haren

Phils have been linked to Sherrill from the O's, I think it might be time to explore that option further. Lidge ain't turning it around this season. At times he looks good, other times he's just awful.

orioles want three prospects for him and they will pay some of his salary or two and you take the whole contract...but more than that they want a corner IF to be the centerpiece....phils have the worst corner IF prospects in the majors

i heard hes going to the dodgers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

They may get a filler piece to the bullpen, much like Eyre last year, but I really think they'll ride out Lidge this season.

ice grillin you

yeah of course they are....they owe it to lidge after what he did last year...come playoff time if hes gasoline then they might choose to go with madson or romero to close a particular game but they arent dealing for a closer to replace lidge

SD_Eagle5

Somethings going down, Carrasco was scratched from his scheduled start tonight, and Taylor, Marson and Donald are out of the lineup for tonights game. My guess is a trade for Lee.

ice grillin you

im not doubting the info but since when do lineups get announced at 10:30 in the morning

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

Eagles_Legendz

Taylor supposedly is in the lineup.  Other 3 confirmed out of the lineup, but then again, Donald wasn't supposed to play today, and Marson might have been given the day off after a night game last night?

SD_Eagle5

Taylor is in the lineup. The other guys (Carrasco, Marson, Donald) aren't.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 29, 2009, 10:45:47 AM
Somethings going down, Carrasco was scratched from his scheduled start tonight, and Taylor, Marson and Donald are out of the lineup for tonights game. My guess is a trade for Lee.

They'd have to include Happ int hat deal, wouldn't they? One big club player?

ANd if that is the deal, its WAY too much for Lee. That would be a deal for Halladay, IMO.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

That wouldn't be too much to give up for Lee

Someone on bsg posted this, no idea if it's legit but I'll post it just to piss everyone off:

QuoteI am hearing its a three way trade, Drabek, Happ and Donald go to Toronto, Carassco to Washington, Halladay and Wiginham to the Phillies

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 29, 2009, 11:09:38 AM
They'd have to include Happ int hat deal, wouldn't they? One big club player?

ANd if that is the deal, its WAY too much for Lee. That would be a deal for Halladay, IMO.

its not nearly enough for halladay...taylor is the only LEGIT prospect in there

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 29, 2009, 11:13:28 AM
QuoteI am hearing its a three way trade, Drabek, Happ and Donald go to Toronto, Carassco to Washington, Halladay and Wiginham to the Phillies

thats to good to be true

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 29, 2009, 11:08:28 AM
Donald wasn't supposed to play today

why wasnt he supposed to play...he just came back and played last night didnt he?

SD_Eagle5

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4363553

QuoteSigns pointing to Cliff Lee deal?
By Jayson Stark

There were more indications Wednesday that the Phillies' pursuit of Indians pitcher Cliff Lee is heating up.

Three Cleveland scouts -- including the club's director of player personnel, Steve Lubratich, were in Lehigh Valley to watch the Phillies' Triple-A team play an 11 a.m. ET game.

Phillies starter Carlos Carrasco, who has been a subject of talks between the two teams, was abruptly scratched from his start in that game with no explanation from the club.

An official of a team that had been speaking to Cleveland about Lee told ESPN.com Wednesday morning it was his impression that Lee was about to be traded elsewhere, and the Phillies' discussions with Toronto about Roy Halladay have slowed to a trickle in the last 24 hours.

Phillies officials have continued to tell other clubs they believe they can make a deal for Lee without giving up either their top pitching prospect, Kyle Drabek, or their top position-player prospect, outfielder Dominic Brown.