2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

yahoo reporting the red sox offered buchholz and westmoreland (and someone else i havent heard of)....gammons says bullshtein and that the red sox wont trade westmoreland

the halladays of our lives continues....
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Sunday
Monday
Halladay

Tuesday
Wednesday
Halladay

Thursday
Friday
Halladay

Rome

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 26, 2009, 12:25:58 PM
my boy got a foul ball yesterday and right after he grabbed it he screamed at this little kid  "NO YOU CAN NOT HAVE THIS!!"...his dad just grabbed his arm and quickly whisked him away....so funny

highlight of the game.  shtein was funny.

Geowhizzer

Anyone else with the Arizona feed see Moyer talking the ear off of J.A. Happ during the 3rd inning.  He's animated, and going on and on and on.  Happ's just nodding away while Moyer keeps talking.

The D-Backs feed has gone back to it over and over during the course of the inning.

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Only question:  Why is she afraid to show her face?

Phils flashing the leather in the 7th.

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 28, 2009, 11:53:34 PM
Only question:  Why is she afraid to show her face?

that chick could have 6 eyes and 4 of them could be lazy and i still wouldn't give a shtein.  in fact, i doubt i'd even notice. 

Munson

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 29, 2009, 12:34:06 AM
Lidge looked sucktacular, but managed to survive.

actually he looked exactly like he did last year. gave up a few runs before getting the save.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

those pics show she needed to be caught in a windy rain delay (preferably a cold one)

ice grillin you

Quote from: Munson on July 29, 2009, 03:14:04 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 29, 2009, 12:34:06 AM
Lidge looked sucktacular, but managed to survive.

actually he looked exactly like he did last year. gave up a few runs before getting the save.

last year he gave up 15 runs the entire season...his era was under two and he struck out a ton

last night he gave up two runs struck out no one and had an era of eighteen

i would say last night was not EXACTLY like last year

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote"I don't know what was harder -- that [Phillies lineup] or the AL All-Star team lineup," - Dan Haren

Phils have been linked to Sherrill from the O's, I think it might be time to explore that option further. Lidge ain't turning it around this season. At times he looks good, other times he's just awful.

ESPN insider is saying the Phils and Indians might be closing in on a deal for Lee. Prospects being mentioned are Knapp, Carassco, and others. I'd be thrilled with a deal that doesn't involve Drabek/Brown/Taylor. At this point Ricciardi can go farg himself.