2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on July 28, 2009, 04:49:31 PM
the buckholz thing is false

i think thats bullshtein...there isnt a team in the majors who wants halladay that would make anyone untouchable...maybe the package the jays are asking that includes buchholz is to much but no way the sox wouldnt not trade bucholz for halladay in some fashion (including obviously straight up)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Quote"How many times do you get a chance to repeat? Well, [the Phillies'] chance to repeat, to me, depends on whether they can get Roy Halladay. Heck, if they get him, they've got a chance to three-peat." -- A veteran baseball executive

:drool
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

SD_Eagle5

You didn't have to click the article to know it was the same article. I mean same page and all! Get with the program Teach.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 28, 2009, 06:43:55 PM
You didn't have to click the article to know it was the same article. I mean same page and all! Get with the program Teach.

Like I read your posts...  :paranoid

Rome

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

get ready for cliff lee

this is probably the best the phils will get.  i guess maybe something can still get done for halladay but i'm thinking that ship has sailed already.  lee would still be a nice pickup but i'm not completely sold on him being an ace. 

hamels, lee, moyer, blanton, pedro wouldn't be a bad rotation come playoff time. 

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I wonder if the Phillies are going to dedicate this season to Jim Johnson?

Geowhizzer

I want BOTH Halladay and Lee.   Imagine the rotation of Halladay-Lee-Hamels-Fat Joe and the assorted!  UNSTOPPABLE!