2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

The weather the next 4 games:  113, 113, 108, 61....ha

four 2-run HRs and another series win.  keep it rollin

and Toronto rejected an offer of Happ/Carrasco/Taylor/Donald, so the Phils are scouting Cliff Lee today

Pedro Martinez is supposed to be starting at Clearwater right now but it's in a rain delay...

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Pedro pitched a little over 1 inning before the game was suspended due to rain.  He'll probably be in LV later this week...

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 26, 2009, 12:25:58 PM
i saw the bachelor party that was involved in the fight...they walked right past me going into the game...they were mostly all roided out meatheads

That was the first thing I thought when I heard about this. We all know the type and see them down there all the time. Hell, there was one on my flight last night sporting his camo shorts, authentic Hamels gold-trimmer jersey, flip-flops, fake worn washed hat backwards and a igylicious seashell necklace.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 26, 2009, 04:29:56 PM
The weather the next 4 games:  113, 113, 108, 61....ha

four 2-run HRs and another series win.  keep it rollin

and Toronto rejected an offer of Happ/Carrasco/Taylor/Donald, so the Phils are scouting Cliff Lee today

Pedro Martinez is supposed to be starting at Clearwater right now but it's in a rain delay...

Quit bullshteintin, Amaro.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Don Ho on July 26, 2009, 04:08:36 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 26, 2009, 03:02:10 PM
love me some weekend baseball where i can actually see the games, HUGE HR by Choke.

IGY i hate my life for not going yesterday, we spent the whole day painting our bedroom/bathroom.  FML

give your bro some aloha.  took him out on thursday in some pretty big shtein.  he did great.  there were some easy 8+ sets.  you can comw out and help him paint when he moves to the west side.
Nice, we might be east coasters, but we grew up without lifeguards telling us what we weren't allowed into, thus we learned how to handle big surf. 

Good win again. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

corrasco gave up 6 runs in 6 innings over the weekend. how can someone be washed up without reaching the majors?

and wasnt corrasco in drabeks place three years ago? everyone going off how hes the next this and untouchable and bla bla. now they cant give that mexican away. but god no we cant trade drabek for friggin roy halladay. hes going to be too good. iceholes.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

You're exactly right. Carrasco was the next best thing. Just like Gavin Floyd was too. Even if Drabek turns into Floyd, I'm cool with giving up him for ROY EFFING HALLADAY!!

Gargano on FOX29 Morning....totally dropped a "we" when talking about Halladay. He caught himself about halfway through and tried to play it off.

ice grillin you

Phils fans: The new Broad Street bullies?
By ST. JOHN BARNED-SMITH
Philadelphia Daily News

sbarned-smith@phillynews.com 215-854-5926

Here we go again.

A rowdy weekend at Citizens Bank Park - punctuated by the killing of a fan in a brawl - marred the Phillies' two wins over the Cards this weekend and dealt another blow to the reputation of Philadelphia sports fans.

David Sale Jr., 22, of Lansdale, was beaten to death in a parking lot near the stadium following a dispute in McFadden's restaurant in the Citizens Bank Park complex.

In addition to that tragedy, there was a simmering controversy over spectators who targeted five Cardinals' players with laser pointers late in Saturday's game.

According to MLB.com, during the seventh inning an unidentified individual targeted Julio Lugo and Albert Pujols with a green laser that resulted in a game delay as stadium officials searched for the errant laser-flashing fan. An inning later, another laser pointer - this one red - was used to target three other Cardinals.

Cards fans weren't happy.

"This was very unfair to the Cardinals," one commenter wrote on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Web site. "It is pretty bad when fans from the host city treat their visitors this way."

"I saw the dots on the chest," another fan wrote. "It never stops surprising me how ignorant [Philly] fans are. They have definitely earned the rep they have. In the world we live in now, for them to do that, is just absolutely stupid.".

It was a new chapter in Philadelphia sports fans' bad behavior over the years - overhyped, in the eyes of many locals - highlighted by the batteries thrown at J.D. Drew in 1999 and the infamous booing of Santa Claus in 1968.

The weekend incidents irritated Jim Vance and his wife, Janice, of Camden County, New Jersey.

"They took laser pointers away from kids in school, they should take them away here," Vance said. "As far as McFadden's [and the killing], that's Philly. It's going to happen sooner or later."

"I wouldn't expect to see that in a Phillies game - maybe in an Eagles or Flyers game," said Bill Barker, 31, of South Philly.

Carlos Sanchez, 21, of North Philadelphia, is an avid Phillies fan, but he was appalled by the use of laser pointers yesterday.

"How can you point a laser at 'The Machine,' Albert Pujols?" he asked. "It's so disrespectful - he's one of the best players in the game!"

Meanwhile, Dwayne Knight, 26, and Christy Skillman, both of Norristown, expressed disbelief over Sale's death.

"I don't know if people get too drunk and don't know any better, or it's just pure ignorance," Knight said.

"It makes us [Phillies fans] look like a bunch of drunken idiots . . . it gives us a bad name," Skillman, 26, said.

Other fans worried about the consequences of the incidents.

"It's a shame - it makes people not want to come down here," said Brian Danks, 39, of Northeast Philadelphia.

"Would you want to come down here if someone got beat up there the night before," he asked. "Especially if you were from outside of the city?"

But the laser pointers, at least, weren't unique to Philadelphia. Gary Cederstrom, crew chief of the umpires, told MLB.com that this season umpires had encountered laser pointers in St. Petersburg and Los Angeles, and in San Diego last year. *

now it all makes sense....

Three men could be charged with murder today in the Saturday night beating death of a young man in the parking lot of Citizens Bank Park. 

David Sale's death was the very violent end to a fight that began in a bar inside the ballpark late in the Phillies-Cardinals game, according to police.

The argument started between two groups -- a bachelor party and a bar tour from Fishtown. They all got kicked out of McFadden's Restaurant and the arguing turned physical in parking lot "M" at 7th Street and Pattison Avenue.

Sale, 22, of Lansdale, Pa., was with the bachelor party. The Lansdale man was held down by at least two men and kicked repeatedly in the head by a third man, officials said. When police arrived at the scene, Sale was "unresponsive." He was pronounced dead at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania around 7 p.m. Saturday.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

you dont even a need a bar tour...back in the day a friend of mine moved to fishtown and the first week he lived there he got a knock on his door opened it and someone punched him in his face and just ran away

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

100% real

people from fishtown dont like people not from fishtown...admittedly it has changed somewhat since then with the gentrification that is going on there and of course nolibs....but its still a hell hole