2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 24, 2009, 06:02:51 PM
It's all bullshtein fyi

damn, that was a farging tease from the start of this page to the bottom.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mpmcgraw

Martino or whatever his name is says the jays asked for happ, drabek, and brown.

No.

MDS

yes.

drabek and brown wont help for 2-3 years. happ is good but its freakin roy halladay. dynasty this stillupfront's mom then worry about it when utley and rollins and hamels blow up.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Make the deal.

I hesitate to give up Happ, but its Halladay.

They do not compare. JA Happ could be Pat Combs twenty years later. Young LH who starts undefeated and goes down hill. Or he could be Andy Pettite like Stark compares him to, but even if that is the case you get Roy effing Halladay for this year and likely 3 more years on an extension.

Crappy game tonight. Joel Pinero dealt on their asses all night.

MDS

well billy beane and his 1 playoff series win and three straight losing seasons says stockpile young college players who walk so lets do that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 25, 2009, 02:44:21 AM
Crappy game tonight. Joel Pinero dealt on their asses all night.

He sure did.  Christ.  Now go win the next 2 so we don't all panic.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 24, 2009, 05:12:37 PM
In the retards defense you ask anyone whose ever worked out what body part they did, their response might be: bi's, tri's, delts, lats, traps, quads, pecs, ham's, abs, etc. and you'd know what they were talking about.

right but someone who doesnt work out most likely wouldnt know what a "lattissimus dorsi" was
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Sorry bro.  Anyone who ever took high school biology would know that, even a failed product of the Delaware public school system like Munson.

Munson

A chimp would be able to hear "lattissimus dorsi" and be able to figure out that "lat" is the common shortened form.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

SD_Eagle5

Ricciardi is more arrogant than Amaro. No wonder the fans up there can't stand him. I heard one of his interviews and I wanted to reach through the screen and grab him by his neck. The deadline passes without a trade and Halladay's value gets cut in half. He's worth more now than he ever will be.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 25, 2009, 02:12:25 PM
Ricciardi is more arrogant than Amaro. No wonder the fans up there can't stand him. I heard one of his interviews and I wanted to reach through the screen and grab him by his neck. The deadline passes without a trade and Halladay's value gets cut in half. He's worth more now than he ever will be.

yup.  look at what the twins got in return for santana after they opted not to trade him mid season and waiting until the offseason to move him.  the mets got him for a song. 

halliday now is going to give a team 2 post season appearances.  halliday after the season only gives them 1 shot barring an extention. 

MDS

this thing is gonna drag out to july 31. its not like theres a big bidding war or its a position player who can step in right away. the phils are really it for halladay and they really only need him for 2-3 starts in october. i wonder how much itll cost to get him on loan for the postseason.

they can easily win the nl east without him. so this is really for a friggin month. but its worth it.

Don Ho

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 25, 2009, 02:12:25 PM

Think I saw the same interview.  Guy is a prick.  I hope Tronto gets farged in this deal.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.