2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Toronto scouts were in attendance. Pretty sure the Phils are willing to part with Drabek, just not both him and Taylor. Toronto was probably scouting him to see if he's worth it.

PhillyGirl

Get it done because I can't watch another game like Moyer's yesterday.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

if you think about the whole "window" thing

you have your starting 8 core and most of your staff under control for the next few years.  if you get halladay, and give up drabek and taylor, it's not like there would be anywhere for them to crack the starting lineup anyway in the next few years.  that's why knapp and brown are more valuable.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

a halliday/hamels combo at the top of the rotation makes my sack tingle. 

i hear that myers would rather return to the pen.  if that's the case, do they trade lidge in the offseason or put myers back in the rotation? 

SunMo

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on July 23, 2009, 08:53:47 AM
if you think about the whole "window" thing

you have your starting 8 core and most of your staff under control for the next few years.  if you get halladay, and give up drabek and taylor, it's not like there would be anywhere for them to crack the starting lineup anyway in the next few years.  that's why knapp and brown are more valuable.

even when any of them have a place to play the team is going to have incredible question marks with blanton ibanez howard werth rollins durbin  lidge hamels victorino madson feliz all becoming free agents in 2011 or 2012 (after hollas contract is up)

Quote from: SunMo on July 23, 2009, 09:28:24 AM
myers contract is up after this year. 

yeah its losing that money that is allowing them to get holla in the first place
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mpmcgraw

Drabek will be in the rotation out of spring training next year.

ice grillin you

so will holla...and hell probably win the cy young...drabek might win a spot and hopefully would be .500 his rookie year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

PhillyPhreak54

I found some good seats on StubHub in section 125...anyone ever sat there?

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyGirl

I think they're probably really good. Our season tickets used to be in 326 and we loved them. LOTS of foul balls. LOL
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on July 23, 2009, 01:02:54 PM
What row Jay?

Row 26, which the description says that is actually row one because the diamond club is right in front of it.

They're 95 bucks each, but I think that is only 30 over face...so I'm cool with that for one game with great seats.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 23, 2009, 01:05:51 PM
I think they're probably really good. Our season tickets used to be in 326 and we loved them. LOTS of foul balls. LOL

Yeah, I sat in 316 once and the view was pretty sweet despite being third deck.

I was thinking of getting a diamond club seat or one right in the first row behind the dugout, but decided against dropping 225 a piece.

I'll take sec 125 for 95 each though

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 23, 2009, 12:51:29 PM
I found some good seats on StubHub in section 125...anyone ever sat there?

I sat there opening day three years ago.  Great seats, dude.