2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Since when is Kyle Drabek the second coming of Cy Young?

Christ - if that's all that it takes then farging do it already.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I was originally against Drabek being included....but now I'm all for it.

Nothing is a given and normally these deadline deals are all in favor of the selling team. But when its a guy who still has a lot left in the tank, who they have under control and could sign long term...you get the deal done.

This is the guy who you sell the farm for. Not some shteinbag like Jason Marquis or some of the slop Ed Wade used to sell the house for.

Rome

Exactly.  There's a reason you have a farm system and although you don't typically want to give your best prospect away you frigging do it when what you're getting in return is one of the best players in the game.

Geowhizzer

Drabek, Taylor, John Kruk's remaining nut... give it all up.  Get Halladay.

SD_Eagle5

Drabek's a deal breaker for me, unless you're giving just him up and not Taylor. I want Halladay as much as the next fan but you gotta be realistic. There aren't many teams that can give up what the Phils can and that are willing to take on his salary...not to mention are contenders. If 7 years ago we had said who cares trade Utley/Howard/Hamels they're just 'prospects' we'd be killing ourselves right now.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 19, 2009, 08:49:06 PM
Since when is Kyle Drabek the second coming of Cy Young?.

seriously!

paul wilson and brien taylor say HELLO

bye bye kyle
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

SD: It's Roy Halladay, my brotha.  I don't care who the prospect is.  You trade him.  I'm not saying trade the whole farm system but if all they're asking is Drabek you pack his bags.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 19, 2009, 10:27:21 PM
Drabek's a deal breaker for me, unless you're giving just him up and not Taylor. I want Halladay as much as the next fan but you gotta be realistic. There aren't many teams that can give up what the Phils can and that are willing to take on his salary...not to mention are contenders. If 7 years ago we had said who cares trade Utley/Howard/Hamels they're just 'prospects' we'd be killing ourselves right now.

seven years ago you were worrying about making the playoffs...now youre trying to become the world series favorite....taylor AND drabek is not unrealistic...you will literally be getting the best pitcher of his generation....why would you not trade two unknowns for that?

PhillyGirl

No one in the system should be a deal breaker.

We're talking ACTUAL Cy Young contender....for POSSIBLE major league pitcher.

In 4 years, when Drabek or Taylor will matter, the Phillies will be a shell of what they are now.

Take the 2-3 years that Halladay will give you #1 in the Rotation and win another (or 2) championships.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2009, 10:30:10 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 19, 2009, 10:27:21 PM

seven years ago you were worrying about making the playoffs...now youre trying to become the world series favorite....taylor AND drabek is not unrealistic...you will literally be getting the best pitcher of his generation....why would you not trade two unknowns for that?

7 years ago imagine if they had traded Utley and Hamels because they were unknowns. That point makes no sense considering at one time or another every major league player has been an unproven minor leaguer. And again, I'm fine with dealing Drabek or Taylor, just not both.

ice grillin you

if seven years ago they were defending champs and a pitcher away from repeating then utley and hamels can be looking for vip maple leaf tickets

MDS

haha so true

halladay is dominate in the AL just image what hell be in the nl. look at what cc did. halladay is much better than that fat tub of goo and the phils are a better team than those MA fools.

just imagine if pedro is taking his steroids, how can that rotation not them into the series?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.