2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 18, 2009, 01:11:00 AM
I'm with IGY on the IBB to Bako.  I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen a worse managerial move, and I'm not exaggerating.  What the farg was he thinking?

where is elias when you need them...has bako ever been iw'ed in his career when he wasnt ahead of a pitcher....and this time he was ahead of an all star
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: MDS on July 18, 2009, 01:03:44 AM
like youve read anything ive written besides my incoherent nonsense here

Your treatise on Middle America was breathtaking.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

In over 2370 plate appearance in the Majors Bako had been IBB'd a grand total of 34 times until tonight.  Werth has more home runs this season than Bako has had in over 10 years in the big leagues.

I think you might be onto something about the manager trying to get his ass fired.   

ice grillin you

nice pull romey....where did you get that from

34 seems like a lot to me...even tho in those number of at bats it isnt

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on July 18, 2009, 01:00:29 AM
Possibly because the press in Miami barely acknowledge the Marlins' existence.  Or perhaps because the quality of sports writing down there is on the little guy's level.

Dan Le Batard's gonna hit you with his handbag.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagles_Legendz

Werth's career OPS vs RHP is .758, Bako's is .637.

This year Werth is .771 vs RHP and Bako is .624.

Really can't overstate how epically terrible a move that was.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks, Freddie G!

I had the Marlins feed and they really didn't say much about it. Although Conine and whoever the PBP guy was couldn't figure out why Ibanez was taken out. How about some research into the fact he was out for 3 weeks with a groin injury and coming back to play on wet grass doesn't mean good things.

Madson = scared

Durbin = broken jugs machine

I knew as soon as the rain started and they said King had 65 pitches as soon as they came back from delay the Fishies would tie the game. Momentum swing getting Hamels outta there. Why do Paulino and Wes Helms continually kill the Phillies? They are bums.

Rome

Bako's the 25th guy on the roster and Werth is an all-star.  Every manager makes "gut" calls now and then but this guy did it twice in one inning and got burned both times.

He lost that game for them, plain and simple.

ice grillin you

PhillyGirl

but...but...the Marlins will end up ahead of the Phillies!

THey win the games that they bust ass on and then they win games that are handed to them on a silver platter by the opposing teams' manager.

A win is a win is a win.

They're not all going to be pretty and if they can win on the days where they suck, even better.

Quit yer bitchin'. Everyone.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Probably a good thing I couldn't watch that one on TV.  Glad they won, though.

Rome

Cholly on Rauuuuuuuuuul sitting after the rain delay:

Quote"I'm supposed to be watching his groin," Manuel said.

Ha!