2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

you sound just as ignorant as the jesus lovers and republicans you despise.  congrats. 

ice grillin you

sarge did you really just say theres the same amount to do in milwaukee as nyc...its not so much what can you do....its how much there is to do

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

but you do realize theres a trillion things you can do in nyc that you cant do in MA...please tell me you know this?

even people who live in MA say theres nothing to do in MA...they like it that way of course and theres nothing wrong with it...but theres no comparison and it definitely has a tangible effect on sports tv ratings

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 17, 2009, 10:09:10 AM
but you do realize theres a trillion things you can do in nyc that you cant do in MA...please tell me you know this?

even people who live in MA say theres nothing to do in MA...they like it that way of course and theres nothing wrong with it...but theres no comparison and it definitely has a tangible effect on sports tv ratings

i'd like to know what these "things to do" are.  i've lived in cities on the east coast, west coast and ma.  philly, seattle, kc.  was in sd on 2 seperate occasions for at least 1 month and right now i live less than an hour from la.  also spent plenty of time in st louis and dallas. 

from all of that i can tell you that city life, regardless of where that city is located, is pretty much the same.  obviously there are differences, but those differences are mostly culteral and/or tourist related. 

obviously you can't see the statue of liberty in kansas city but you can't see the negro league hof in nyc either. 

btw....the negro league hof is located in downtown kc.  i'm sure you and mds are amazed that whitey allowed that to happen. 

so seriously, tell me what you can do in a major coastal city that you can't do in an ma city......besides go to the beach. 

the people who live in ma and have nothing to do are the people in ma that live in small rural towns out in bfe.  i suppose that's got to be completely different than living in some farm community in central pa or upstate new york.  but at least those guys are in the eastern time zone so i guess that makes all the difference. 

neither of you ever have, and probably never will venture to some of the smaller cities located between the coasts.  on one hand, it's sad because you'll just allow your ignorance and preconceived notions on the matter to keep perpetuating thoughts of corn fields and cow tipping......like any of that crap actually happens in an ma city. 

on the other hand it's a good thing that most people from the coasts like you 2 will never venture far enough inland to experience places like kc or minneapolis.  it helps keep the property values up, the cost of living down and the lines at the bar short. 

i really don't even know why i bothered getting involved in this discussion to begin with.  i'll get a "didn't read" from igy and then whatever mds follows up with, i'm sure it will be spelled terribly. 

farg it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 17, 2009, 05:07:33 PM
from all of that i can tell you that city life, regardless of where that city is located, is pretty much the same.  

wow...we will have to agree to disagree because i dont even know where to go with this one...perhaps the lil guy can approach this

Rome

Or perhaps you idiots can stop the middle america bullshtein and get back to talking about how awesome Jamie Moyer is?

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 17, 2009, 06:12:09 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 17, 2009, 05:07:33 PM
from all of that i can tell you that city life, regardless of where that city is located, is pretty much the same.  

wow...we will have to agree to disagree because i dont even know where to go with this one...perhaps the lil guy can approach this

igy and mds

Rome

That fat bastich was eating more than coconuts on that island - that's why you never saw any natives.

ice grillin you

phillies have hit 21 more homers than the next best hr hitting team in the NL and STILL have given up only two less homers than theyve hit

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on July 17, 2009, 06:48:46 PM
That fat bastich was eating more than coconuts on that island - that's why you never saw any natives.

While the professor was making cars out of bamboo and palm frowns and building huts and shtein with the super glue from trees and the girls made some sweet banana cream pies.  Still can't figure out how they couldn't get off that island.  farging Gilligan.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 17, 2009, 07:31:17 PM
phillies have hit 21 more homers than the next best hr hitting team in the NL and STILL have given up only two less homers than theyve hit

How many of those have Hamels given up?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

he wont give up anymore tonight....im pretty sure its in his contract that if a rain delay goes more than three minutes he has to be taken out