2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 16, 2009, 08:09:33 PM
there is nothing to do in MA. Halfway decent teams = people sit and home watch baseball because they live in farging MA.

pittsburghs hockey numbers are proof of this...they are friggin insane
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

That was a sweet snow cone by Howard.   Fricken' Moyer is on fire!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Damm, Werth can look brutal up there at times.  Hope the Blue Jays brass didn't see this game tonight.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

there is nothing to do in MA. Halfway decent teams = people sit and home watch baseball because they live in farging MA.

That explanation is retarded. New York, Boston, and Philly are some of the biggest sports cities in the country. Apparently there's nothing to do there either.

The Midwest is big on baseball. It's still America's pastime out there... they're traditionalists. The further north you go, the more people watch hockey. The NBA does best in towns with nothing else going on sports-wise... San Antonio, Portland, Salt Lake, as well as LA and Cleveland for bandwagon-related reasons. Football is big almost everywhere, but in a lot of areas college and high school supercedes the NFL.

Notice that no one watches Pirates games, because there IS something better to do in Pittsburgh in the summer... speculate about the upcoming Steelers season.

Don Ho

Don Ho

great trivia there:

last combined 1 hitter by the phils, 1986 Marvin Freeman and Kent Tekulve.  Those are some names from the past. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on July 16, 2009, 09:39:41 PM
Moyer & the Bullpen solid!

1-hitter, allowed only one walk, Ibanez and Howard padding their HR stats... can't ask for a betetr start to the second half.

lol @ Marvin Freeman. I remember him being around the team for a while but not being in a whole lot of games. I remember seeing him pitch in 88(?), first game I kinda remember being at.

BigEd76

the starters for that game:

C John Russell
1B Von
2B Samuel
SS Jeltz
3B Schmidt
LF Gary Redus
CF Milt Thompson
RF Glenn Wilson

and Jeff Stone PHed for Freeman later on.  The only hit was from Tim Raines...

Don Ho

Ed,  nice piece of work there.  shtein, that's not half bad a lineup.  I remember Jeff Stone playing in Hawaii as the Phils farm club was Portland in the old PCL.  Gary Redus!  Good stuff.

SD_Eagle5

CHP 3-2

Moyer 9-6

should we just chalk this up as a win?

BigEd76

that Stone TV story is still funny as hell

Choke Dawg's 200th HR is the fastest in major league history, almost 50 games ahead of Ralph Kiner's previous record...

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 16, 2009, 09:35:43 PM

That explanation is retarded. New York, Boston, and Philly are some of the biggest sports cities in the country. Apparently there's nothing to do there either.

The Midwest is big on baseball. It's still America's pastime out there... they're traditionalists. The further north you go, the more people watch hockey. The NBA does best in towns with nothing else going on sports-wise... San Antonio, Portland, Salt Lake, as well as LA and Cleveland for bandwagon-related reasons. Football is big almost everywhere, but in a lot of areas college and high school supercedes the NFL.

Notice that no one watches Pirates games, because there IS something better to do in Pittsburgh in the summer... speculate about the upcoming Steelers season.

You're in MA denial.

People in Philly or NYC can do about 1000 other things besides watch sports. People in Milwaukee and Minnesota can go...yea.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

i'd really like to know what you can do in philly or nyc that you can't do in milwaukee or any other city not located on or near a coast.  seriously.  a city is a farging city.  culteral events, arts and theatre, shopping, fine dining, night life, etc, etc. 

minneapolis - great town
st louis - great town
chicago - great town
kc - great town

btw......minnesota is a state, not a city.  they don't teach that stuff at temple?

PhillyPhreak54

Marvin Freeman...man, never thought I'd head that one again.

He was half decent with the Rockies and pitched 10yrs in the bigs.

He was traded for Savin' Joe Boever.

Interesting note (Foster is an ex-Phil too)

QuoteIt all fell apart in 1995. Nursing a sore elbow, Freeman lost seven of ten decisions as his ERA ballooned to 5.89. He did sock his second career homer off the Cubs' Kevin Foster on May 23rd, but surrendered a round-tripper to Foster a few frames later, marking only the tenth time that century that pitchers had homered off each other in the same game.

Great game by Moyer tonight. Let him pitch until he's 50, but only against the Marlins.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 16, 2009, 11:37:32 PM
i'd really like to know what you can do in philly or nyc that you can't do in milwaukee or any other city not located on or near a coast.  seriously.  a city is a farging city.  culteral events, arts and theatre, shopping, fine dining, night life, etc, etc. 

minneapolis - great town
st louis - great town
chicago - great town
kc - great town

btw......minnesota is a state, not a city.  they don't teach that stuff at temple?

non of them are cities or states. they are just places with names in MA. its like a big giant crop circle of suck and jesus and smelly republicans who hate abortion.

comparing a pasty white hicktown like milwaukee to philly, chicago, miami, nyc, etc. is laughable.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.