2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

Seth Everett knows less than nothing. On the national stage Rosenthal and heyman are the only ones who know anything inside. On the local, zolecki maybe. Conlin surely doesn't and I like Murphy but I doubt he knows much more than anyone else

ice grillin you

seth everett actually is on point on a lot of stuff

but regardless lol @ you telling anyone they dont know anything...irony is motherfarger
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mpmcgraw

Remember last year when you tried to convince everyone the rams have a more talented defense than the Eagles?  Good times.

QB Eagles

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 15, 2009, 11:04:08 AMTaylor.....great story and it'd be nice to have another righty power guy, but his path is blocked by Ibanez and Werth unless you trade Victorino and move Werth to center (meh).

So why not trade Werth? Both him and Happ might be at peak trade value right now given the years they are having. I hate this "blocked" bullshtein... it's how the Phillies lost getting 15 HOF years out of Ryne Sandberg and they could have traded Choke with the same logic a few years ago. Obviously we don't know if Taylor is on that level but if any outfielder with value is expendable it seems like Werth to me.

In a few years when Ibanez' contract runs out on his 80th birthday, the Phils can have Brown and Taylor in their mid-20s in LF and RF.

If it comes down to either Drabek or Taylor, they'll move Taylor and rightly so, but if that happens it better be as a last resort.

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: jihadist monk on July 15, 2009, 05:52:13 PM
Remember last year when you tried to convince everyone the rams have a more talented defense than the Eagles?  Good times.

never said i wasnt wrong...everyone is....its just that i cant ever remember you being right...in fact you might be a notch above a reese...thus you shouldnt be calling people out much less people in the business

mpmcgraw

Burrell, lidge, most famously realizing kendrick blew about a year before anyone else.

Basically I'm a baseball god. Football? Eh

ice grillin you

negative chief....theres at least 10 people on this board alone that know more baseball than you....which admittedly isnt difficult to pull off...but keep on keepin on anyway...we are all rooting for you

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 15, 2009, 07:48:32 PM
Quote from: jihadist monk on July 15, 2009, 05:52:13 PM
Remember last year when you tried to convince everyone the rams have a more talented defense than the Eagles?  Good times.

never said i wasnt wrong...everyone is....its just that i cant ever remember you being right...in fact you might be a notch above a reese...thus you shouldnt be calling people out much less people in the business

haha--I love when you get beat down for another one of your crackhead predictions and feel the need to lure me into the discussion.

it really is sad how obsessed you are with me

ice grillin you

not obsessed your just a good measuring stick for idiocy

be comforted tho....youre ahead of that clown in that you know very little about a whole bunch of sports where as he knows nothing about one sport

reese125

Ill say it again so it sinks in chubs--the only reason why you continue to call me an idiot is because I dont lick your shaft like your other band of merry men in here and I never will.

Youre sports views and predictions are a see-sawing train wreck and I got no time for that, so keep on keepin on and lll do the same

PhillyPhreak54

I'll have to head over to Phils.com or CSN to see if they have the PC uploaded.

Getting Halladay at all costs is something I'm all for. Although like Ed, I would love to keep Drabek. Everyone else should be available.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: reese125 on July 15, 2009, 09:28:14 PM
Ill say it again so it sinks in chubs--the only reason why you continue to call me an idiot is because I dont lick your shaft like your other band of merry men in here and I never will.

Youre sports views and predictions are a see-sawing train wreck and I got no time for that, so keep on keepin on and lll do the same

If that is the case why do you continue to post here?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

BigEd76

Friday night in Miami is Christmas in July, and Saturday night is Guiro Night.  awesome....9 innings of
this