2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 11, 2009, 10:27:17 PM
soccer definitely >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> baseball

Imagine that noise level throughout the entire game. Then pick your jock up and bow down to the premier league.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on July 11, 2009, 11:57:00 PM
so i drove back from nj while this was going on but since they were down 7-2 when i left, i elected to let the music run instead of the game.

damn.

You left early?

Puss.

Whats the deal with King? He's been terribly inconsistent this year and it maddening to watch.

PhillyPhreak54

Couple other things...

The Pirates crew talked all game long about how Howard has struggled against the Pirates no matter who pitches, who coaches the pitchers or who manages...and he kills it in the 9th. I knew that if Vic or Utley got on base, he was going to crush one. It had that feeling. But I also thought they'd go extra because Bako was gonna farg it up.

The play by Jack Wilson was amazing.

Scott Eyre should never come in with the bases loaded again. He cannot throw strikes consistently enough to be trust in that tight of a role.

Andrew McCutcheon is going to be a stud. What team will he be traded to in three years?

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 12, 2009, 01:55:31 AM
so i drove back from nj while this was going on but since they were down 7-2 when i left, i elected to let the music run instead of the game.

damn.

You left early?

Puss.

i think hes saying he was driving in the car listening to the whole game and turned it off...probably on his way back from camp in the catskills

Quote from: rjs246 on July 12, 2009, 01:34:31 AM

Imagine that noise level throughout the entire game. Then pick your jock up and bow down to the premier league.

blowing kazoos all game doesnt count

anyway soccer is so boring you have to dance and sing thruout just to keep busy

there is no sport like baseball and this includes OT playoff hockey that keeps you on the edge of your seat for so long as when youre in the late innings of a close game...every friggin pitch is maddening
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

You're right. There is no sport like baseball. Because baseball is no sport. Fat people trying to outwit each other isn't sports. It's Dungeons and Dragons.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 12, 2009, 09:30:58 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 12, 2009, 01:55:31 AM

damn.

You left early?

Puss.

i think hes saying he was driving in the car listening to the whole game and turned it off...probably on his way back from camp in the catskills

Quote from: rjs246 on July 12, 2009, 01:34:31 AM

blowing kazoos all game doesnt count

anyway soccer is so boring you have to dance and sing thruout just to keep busy

there is no sport like baseball and this includes OT playoff hockey that keeps you on the edge of your seat for so long as when youre in the late innings of a close game...every friggin pitch is maddening

i dont leave games early but i will turn them off early.

i was in central nj at a friends house for a weekend get together. when i left their house they were down 7-3, and figuring the game was over, i put the ipod and focused on not hitting deer and not getting lost. missed out on the game. fascinating. farg.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 11, 2009, 11:05:30 PM
interesting stat too...first time since 1998 phils have won a game down 4 or more in 9th at home...last time was the buccos as well

And the Phils won both games 8-7, the winning hit was by the catcher on the 2-2 pitch, and the home plate umpire was Greg Gibson.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 12, 2009, 10:04:37 AM
i dont leave games early but i will turn them off early.

bullshtein

everyone has left games early

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

kyle drabek is due to pitch the 3rd inning of the futures game on espn2 if anyone cares

SunMo

SunMo

3 errors by the superstar broadcast team in 10 seconds...

'chris' carrasco
playing at AA
best phillies prospect

ice grillin you