2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 10, 2009, 02:07:50 PM
Beltran's replacement......Werth

the whole outfield is going.  ha

he was the next highest vote getter correct...charlie didnt name him did he?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I think Chuck did pick him.

And Rob Neyer is all pissy about him not picking 'Kung Fu Panda'...who I didn't know was Pablo Sandoval until I read the thread on PhilaPhans.

BigEd76

Werth was around 8th or 9th in the regular voting and Manny was ahead of him.  I think Victorino was 5th....

ice grillin you

what does that mean.....charlie picked him?

because the mlb press release says the spot goes to the next highest vote getter on the player ballot whatever that means
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Charlie can pick whomever he wanted for the injured Beltran, from what I read.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

I don't think it's solely Charlies choice but I think he has the biggest influence on who goes. Not 100% sure though. Didn't think Werth deserved a spot over Sanoval but who cares what I think.

BigEd76

The manager gets to choose injury replacements, so yeah this was Charlie's call.  There should be more outrage from Giants, Dodgers and Diamondbacks fans, but the west coast doesn't matter anyway....

Rome

Cholly is a God for picking Werth. 

:yay

PS: farg the Giants and that fat donut eating corksucker.

SunMo

I'm sitting in the best seats I've ever had for a Phillies game...section 111 row 13.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

LBIggle

SunMo

The down syndrome asians in front of me are calling him Nicole...never occured to me until I heard it, but it works
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.