2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Don Ho on July 06, 2009, 09:49:38 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 06, 2009, 08:55:28 PM
they'll lose by 5 tomorrow, and i'll be there in person to watch it. 

Wear your loud Hawaiian shirt so I can see you and Ryan.

ha... actually i'm a moron and forgot tomorrow is only Tuesday, we're going wednesday.  Have my bro/dad/2 uncles/brother in law/not yet bro in law all going, should be a good time.  Somehow i dont think they'll have the delicious aloha stadium margaritas served on Christmas Eve
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote• Another great tidbit from the ESPN research crew: The Phillies have now done something the Eagles have never done: beat a team from Cincinnati by 21. Biggest margin of victory by the Eagles in a game against the Bengals: nine, in December 2000

MDS

jays willing to trade halladay

i think it goes without saying that the phils have a 2 year window here to win a few titles and if they have to sell the farm to win a few more so be it. in my view its worth a 3-4 year set back to win another title or two.

hamels/halladay gives them a great chance to beat the dodgers in the nlcs again, which at this point is a forgone conclusion of a matchup. getting halladay could poss. even help them get homefield.

marson, corrasco, drabek, whatever. who knows if any of those guys will pan out. what we do know is halladay is cy young winner and could get a few more parades down this way.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

that goes without saying.  i don't think amaro has the ability/cojones to pull it off though.

Don Ho

Not sure what brought the tears to my eyes.  The hula girls, hearing Hawaii 5-0 in the background or seeing Madson on the mound.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Utley just saved nimble foot Madson with that effort.  Awesome play.

BigEd76

non-save situation for Lidge = automatic loss

they had a 3-0 lead with the bases loaded and no outs and didn't score again the rest of the game.  Pretty much knew it was coming after last night though....

reese125

Ha--fantastic.

According to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark, the Phillies are "more interested" in free agent Pedro Martinez "than they're letting on."

The Phils sent special assistant to the general manager Charlie Kerfeld to the Dominican Republic Tuesday to watch Pedro throw. The club won't hand Martinez the $5 million he's seeking, notes Stark's sources, but their offer could be around that.

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, Pedro is exactly what this team needs!

A 6-inning bullpen burning has been.

Nice effort tonight, shteinbags.

MDS

standing o for matt stairs' unintentional intentional walk. holla.

Don Ho