2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Utley, Ibanez and Howard are in, and Victorino is on the Final Vote ballot

Geowhizzer

Excellent start by Fat Joe.  That's three in a row by Phils starters - Lopez, Moyer and Blanton.  They must love the Mets more than Feva and Die-Hard.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

It was against an injury-depleted Mets team, but Lidge was dominant today, and excellent yesterday as well.  Hopefully it's the beginning of a great second half.

Rome

So SD was at the game today and he kept sending me pictures to rub it in.  Then he sent me a photo from McFadden's but what he didn't realize was the reflection in the mirror showed him and IGY making out at the time.

Hot.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Rome on July 05, 2009, 04:36:08 PM
So SD was at the game today and he kept sending me pictures to rub it in.  Then he sent me a photo from McFadden's but what he didn't realize was the reflection in the mirror showed him and IGY making out at the time.

Hot.

Did IGY have his new Marlins Ramirez jersey on?

BigEd76

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Quote from: MDS on July 05, 2009, 10:31:26 PM
so now you all be happy

Happy about them beating the Mets? yep, Happy that another IGY prediction tanked? Meh, I've come to expect that. Happy they are still in first? sure. Happy about the way they've been playing? not so much.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on July 05, 2009, 04:36:08 PM

Hot.

I'm sunburned and hungover as farg if that makes you feel better. The worst part was we stopped at some little Mexican food joint called Tijuana flats in NE Philly. They don't label their hot sauce hot, mild, etc., so I doused my nachos with the hottest shtein I've ever eaten. My mouth was on fire and it feels like I'm shteinting hot coals every time I take a dump. I've eaten some hot shtein that one drop makes you tear, but this shtein was on a totally different level.

Rome

Considering you sent your first photo at 7:30 yesterday morning, I'm shocked you're hungover.

And Tijuana Flats is a chain restaurant too.  Chains suck!

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on July 06, 2009, 02:10:41 PM
Considering you sent your first photo at 7:30 yesterday morning, I'm shocked you're hungover.

And Tijuana Flats is a chain restaurant too.  Chains suck!

Never heard of it till yesterday...food was terrible.

dis12

QuoteThe Phillies have decided to scout free agent pitcher Pedro Martinez, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation. It is not clear exactly where or when they will take a look at Martinez, but indications are it could be in the Dominican Republic today, with other teams also watching.  The pitching-starved Phils, who were not previously interested in the veteran, have changed their mind and decided to consider him, though that does not mean they will ultimately sign him.

Martinez, 37, is 214-99 with a 2.91 earned run average in 17 seasons, and last pitched for the Mets. Last year, he was 5-6 with a 5.61 ERA for New York.

While past his prime, Martinez is, of course, one of the top pitchers of his era. The Phillies have explored trades for starting pitchers for most of the season and intensified their efforts after Brett Myers was likely lost for the season with a hip injury. General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. has not yet found a trade partner, and will now consider Martinez.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

MDS

money is irrelevant so basically its if pedro vs. anyone they can get in a trade

and its lookin like that answer is pedro
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.