2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4294980

Nice to see a pro athlete not going ape shtien about getting benched.

QuoteSo Rollins hasn't taken batting practice during the break, though he has worked on his swing by taking soft toss and hitting from a tee.

"I'm getting the right stroke down, which is good. I've been doing very well," Rollins said, according to The Delaware Daily Times. "It's like, 'There it is, you dodo brain ... it took you so long to remember that?'"

2.5 up and a chance for them to put some distance between them and atl and NY  a bit this week. What a fargin absolute train wreck they are.

Rome

Quote"When you have this many teams in the race it's very thin," Amaro said. "It's always thin. Again, there were three teams who got pitching last year. Three teams out of 30. That's 10 percent.

"We can say, 'Pretty please can we have a pitcher?' but that doesn't mean one will become available."

I didn't think it possible but evidently Joe Banner has now been surpassed in the Philly Sports Executive Douchebag category.

Eagles_Legendz

I think the crown is still Joe's.  Amaro needs to prove he's a major douchebag for more than one year to challenge for the crown.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on June 29, 2009, 08:01:05 PM
Quote"When you have this many teams in the race it's very thin," Amaro said. "It's always thin. Again, there were three teams who got pitching last year. Three teams out of 30. That's 10 percent.

"We can say, 'Pretty please can we have a pitcher?' but that doesn't mean one will become available."

I didn't think it possible but evidently Joe Banner has now been surpassed in the Philly Sports Executive Douchebag category.

He's always been numero uno for me. I cringed and f-bombed him while we were watching The Pen earlier tonight.

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 29, 2009, 08:38:38 AM
If they get him for nothing he's worth a shot...basticho needs to be replaced like a month ago

basticho to the DL, Escalona called up

BigEd76

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

Jimmy Rollins = 2 AB, 3 pitches seen, 0-2.

well done Jimmy, you learned a lot.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

QB Eagles

Darren Daulton, always a great interview

QuoteI can assure you, there's probably no one in any sport that has taken more drugs that I have. And I think people still respect me. It's not what goes in, it's what comes out.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on June 30, 2009, 07:47:02 PM
Jimmy Rollins = 2 AB, 3 pitches seen, 0-2.

well done Jimmy, you learned a lot.

Iron Pigs could use an experienced SS

SD_Eagle5

Geowhizzer