2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 28, 2009, 11:57:26 PM
espn.com has their insider rumor saying the Phillies want Wang from the Yankees.

I know we're desperate but oh my god please no.  please no.

I guess they could get him for probably next to nothing.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

yeah id definitely take a shot at him...if he can even be half of what he was the last three years hed be a great pick up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

If they get him for nothing he's worth a shot...basticho needs to be replaced like a month ago

ice grillin you

jimmy rollins replacement so far 1-15 with a huge error yesterday...way to go chuckles

SD_Eagle5

That sit down was for Rollins benefit, when he comes back and starts hitting like the Rollins of old then we'll know it was a smart move. This wasn't about a weekend series vs. an AL team, it was about getting one of their most valuable players back on track for the rest of the season. I thought it was a great move.

PhillyPhreak54

I thought sitting him was wise as well...its a last ditch effort to get him to snap out of it. Unfortunately Amaro has not provided a viable back up there. Bruntlett is a disgrace and the fact he has a job is terrible. He does nothing well, as evidence by his appearances as a pinch runner last year for Burrell...he could not even do that right.

Wang is worth a shot if you give up a C-level prospect for him. Anything more and its a waste

Rome

ice grillin you

2-2...hes sat the last four games

yeah 1-15 with terrible fielding screams great move

anytime you put eric bruntlett in over jimmy rollins its a horrible move...to do it for more than one game is a joke

Rome

He was playing horribly and needed a break.  You've been posting horribly and could use one too.  If I were Charlie I'd sit you for a week.

ice grillin you

one game break on thursday....moved down in the order fri-sun...his fielding and speed alone make him a better option than garbage ass eric bruntlett

Rome

I'm the manager and I told you to sit down and keep your mouth shut.  Sunny... Dio... help this guy find his seat.

BigEd76

Kawakami was skipped tomorrow night after taking a line drive in the Yankees series, so the Phils get Lowe/Jurrjens/Vazquez instead.  yay!

Still no word on Thursday's starter, but it might be Carrasco...

As for Rollins, I would've brought him in as a defensive replacement in that 8th inning, especially the way Madson and Lidge have been lately.  80% chance Jimmy pops or flies out in his first AB tomorrow night, so it's not like he learned anything from a 4-game break...

ice grillin you

carrassco has been real good lately...i think quality starts in seven of his last eight..and as bad as his record and era have been hes still around a strikeout per inning pace

that said i think chan ho eaton kendrick or carpenter come before him

hes not being called up anytime soon but scott matheison had a real good couple innings in clearwater last week

BigEd76

Carpenter dominated on Saturday, so he's definitely in the mix.  Drabek was also mentioned but I seriously doubt he sees the majors this year.  Kendrick...I don't think he'll see the majors again unless they're desperate...

Quick minors note:  the LV reached .500 for the first time in their 2-yr history (not counting 0-0).  Progress...

ice grillin you

that would make for an awesome watch on sat if a carrasco or drabek got the start....be the second time this year a phillie youngster debuted in the rotation this year on sat afternoon fox game of the week against a big apple team