2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

The past few games, I've been finding other things to do.  Heck, I'm even turning off the TV completely rather than watch the travesty going on out on the field.

Maybe I gave up the wrong sport on DirecTV.

PhillyPhreak54

1 run on 3 hits.

I ended up fast forwarding most of the game.

What in the farg is wrong with these punks?

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteThe Phillies' clubhouse remained closed for roughly 20 minutes after the game, about twice the usual length. Finally, general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. made a brisk exit. For the first time this season, Manuel refused to meet with reporters after the game.

The locker room was quiet and nearly empty. A scowling Ryan Howard pushed a folding chair out of his way while leaving. Cole Hamels, the losing pitcher, passed through the room several times before saying, "I can't gather my thoughts to say anything good right now," and promising to answer questions today.

Finally, Shane Victorino spoke.

"Whether we're trying too hard to make things happen, I don't know," he said. "I can't put my finger on it. What do you do? You just keep playing . . . we're not going to make any excuses. Maybe we need to relax. Maybe we need a gut check."

After several more minutes of silence, while players kept their eyes on the floor while leaving, Chase Utley appeared in front of his locker.

"Right now, we're not playing very good baseball," he said. "There's no one thing we're doing bad. We're just not playing together as a team."

BigEd76

Werth 2-run shot off the facing of the upper deck.  nice start

and Feliz adds a 2-run shot too

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 27, 2009, 01:16:45 PM
Werth 2-run shot off the facing of the upper deck.  nice start

and Feliz adds a 2-run shot too

Guess it's national blackout for Fox.  Too bad, I can't wait to read how they blow this one.

BigEd76

BigEd76

Werth needs a triple for the cycle....8-0

and Zolecki is reporting that Romero grabbed a Rays fan by the neck and shoved him after he said "How about you get me some juice?"

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 27, 2009, 02:27:53 PM

and Zolecki is reporting that Romero grabbed a Rays fan by the neck and shoved him after he said "How about you get me some juice?"

Nice

here's hoping Toronto is so impressed with Happ and Werth they decide to ship us Halladay for them

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Great game from Happ....CG SHO, 100 pitches, no walks

10-0 final

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 27, 2009, 03:56:12 PM
Great game from Happ....CG SHO, 100 pitches, no walks

10-0 final

That puts Happ at an even 3.00 ERA for the season.  Next lowest starter is Hamels at 4.44.

Rome

I was seated right behind the Phillies bullpen and the fans are literally right next to the players.  Some icehole Rays flag started shtein with a group of Phillies fans and kept it up until his Rays security got tired of his shtein and tossed him.  The security down there is like the gestapo.

Rome

This is where I ended up after we left the upper deck:

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The best thing that can be said for that place is there's never a rainout.  And they had a stand selling Guinness directly behind the section we snuck into.  Other than that, it's a total toilet.