2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 25, 2009, 09:31:30 PM
is there any question the phils will go down as one of the worst ws champions ever...they won in spite of themselves last year in some sort of miracle...they arent playing any different now than they have the last 7-8 years...somehow they stuck lightning last year tho

you've outdone yourself with this post

They did what all WS champions did during the playoffs, they tightened things up and raised their level of play. Every team that's ever won the WS in the history of baseball has done retarded things at some point of the 162 regular season games.

ice grillin you

and the phils will go down as one of the worst to ever do that...not the worst but their team is a very forgettable (not for us but in general) ws winner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Every WS team is forgettable with the exception of the Sox or Yankees and that's because the major sports networks won't let you forget them. I mean do you really remember the Cards winning the WS, or the White Sox?

ice grillin you

well i would put the the white sox in that group with the phils as worst winners ever

cards werent a great team by any means but they had a HOF manager who willed them to win by at least playing the right way....the phillies are an atrocity for a good team playing the way they play

PhillyPhreak54

igy's amazing.

This team, right now, is horrid. They can't hit consistently, their BP reeks of piss and shtein and every last one of them has their heads jammed up their asses.

When Tyler Walker & Jack Taschner are integral parts of your BP---it ain't good.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

of course havas gives the cardinals a pass because la russa jizzes in his mouth and not in his face on he blows him

swallowing counts that much for you ay mikey boy?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

ice grillin you

homer wig out time

i dont see why you cant enjoy the hell out of the world series and say it was special and all that comes with it but still admit the phils are what they are

hell they dont even make the playoffs last year without the mets bullpen collapsing...as i said earlier this year with franky k that aint gonna happen this year

any team with that manager...that club IQ...that rotation....jesus their number two pitcher got sent down to the minors last year...has to be considered one of the weaker ws teams ever...doesnt mean they didnt have a magical playoff run tho and they deserve huge props for that

PhillyPhreak54

Who gives a shtein where they rank of all time WS champs? It has nothing to do with homer wig out time, it has to do with you always finding a scenario to point out what helped them do it and trying to justify your point by point out things like the Mets bullpen collapse.

ice grillin you

i give a shtein...i want a team that is well thought of...that isnt going to be considered a joke afterthought of a ws champion...it was already anticlimatic enough with that atrocious rain out split game crap...miss the playoffs this year and two years from now no one even remembers that the phillies won the title...id like to be at least semi respected around the country

MDS

all you need to remember is the night of and the parade you miserable son of a bitch
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Greatest Philly sports moment in the last 25 years...

You had a perfect season from a closer, a great bullpen, one of if not the best lineup in the league, a great defensive team, Cole farging Clutch Hamels...but igy isnt satisfied. Since I was stationed in SD for 10 years and everyone in the Navy is from somewhere other than Philly, I received a shteinload of text messages and emails congratulating me. Not one of them has gotten back to me since and said "yeah that ws was a mirage, you're only in 1st place this season despite Myers/Lidge/Ibanez missing significant time. That you wait till they're struggling a year later to bring this up is typical hilarious you. Repeating is tough in any sport, but in baseball it's probably the toughest.

Rome

What a disgusting display last night.  I have photos but I'm still too hungover to post them.

And IGY has indeed surpassed himself with that "worst champion evar" post.

Good God, just stop, bro.