2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 25, 2009, 09:55:56 AM
tonight's game is on MLB Network for the out-of-towners

Blacked out for me, I'm sure.  Damn Tampa.

SunMo

J-Roll benched for tonight, tomorrow and possibly Saturday's game
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Benching him for that long is a little extreme...why not sit him for a game then bat him in the 6th spot where he actually hit halfway decent.

Don Ho

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 25, 2009, 05:54:48 PM
Benching him for that long is a little extreme...why not sit him for a game then bat him in the 6th spot where he actually hit halfway decent.

Very extreme.  Totally agree, sit a game and move him down in the lineup would wake his ass up.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

he must have done something off the field or is hurt....no way you bench someone three games for a hitting slump and if hes being benched for his bonehead play last night then werth needs to go for a week and victorino released

oh and can they please go out and get some pitching..this is starting to get annoying...odb needs to go somewhere
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 25, 2009, 07:45:24 PM
he must have done something off the field or is hurt....no way you bench someone three games for a hitting slump and if hes being benched for his bonehead play last night then werth needs to go for a week and victorino released

oh and can they please go out and get some pitching..this is starting to get annoying...odb needs to go somewhere

None of the above. They were talking about it pregame and said Charlie just wants him to get away from the game for a little while to clear his head. He wouldn't even let him practice at SS during warmups, instead he was shagging flies. Say what you want about Manuel, the guy knows his players and what they need.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 25, 2009, 08:36:11 PM
Way to shtein yourself, basticho.

He should have been replaced two weeks ago after his meltdown vs. the Sox. Straight fastball pitchers don't last long in the bigs and he still needs some seasoning.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 25, 2009, 08:47:35 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 25, 2009, 07:45:24 PM

None of the above. They were talking about it pregame and said Charlie just wants him to get away from the game for a little while to clear his head. He wouldn't even let him practice at SS during warmups, instead he was shagging flies. Say what you want about Manuel, the guy knows his players and what they need.

charlie is dumber than i thought then...unless j roll came to him and suggested it or something

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 25, 2009, 09:20:37 PM
holy shtein did you see that dumb farging play by feliz...unreal

Time for Skinny Chuck to unload on these lackadaisical iceholes.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Could Cholly bench the whole team and just forfeit the next few games?  Then at least they'd spare me the pain of watching this garbage.

ice grillin you

is there any question the phils will go down as one of the worst ws champions ever...they won in spite of themselves last year in some sort of miracle...they arent playing any different now than they have the last 7-8 years...somehow they stuck lightning last year tho