2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

QB Eagles

22 ABs into his career, Mayberry is hitting .318 with 3 homers.

QB Eagles

Great start for Moyer, the amazing performance on the road continues, and it looks like the Mets are about to lose. Back on track.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 23, 2009, 08:29:40 PM
22 ABs into his career, Mayberry is hitting .318 with 3 homers.

i've only actually seen him in 2 games so far, but he hit a hr in both games, played solid d and looked very comfortable and patient at the plate.  as long as fox doesn't keep picking out random black dudes in the stadium and claim he's mayberry's dad, i think he'll be ok. 

ice grillin you

i think at best mayberry is gonna be a skinny black matt stairs off the bench...but you could turn out to be worse things than a RH power bat off the bench and get the occasional start against a tough lefty

most likely though hes a career minor leaguer...i just cant see him ever batting above .250 at the major league level while getting real playing time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

And all the positive play you've seen from him since the grapefruit league tells you that. I see.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Drunkmasterflex

I don't know how you can't be impressed with Mayberry, one criticism I did hear about him though is his swing is too long.  I was at the game last thursday when he threw the guy out at home plate, it was amazing. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

If he develops into a platoon-type guy who can hit 260-280 with 15HRs that would be fine. Considering they got him for Greg Golson.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 24, 2009, 01:26:14 PM
If he develops into a platoon-type guy who can hit 260-280 with 15HRs that would be fine. Considering they got him for Greg Golson.

exactly
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on June 24, 2009, 01:24:05 PM
I don't know how you can't be impressed with Mayberry, one criticism I did hear about him though is his swing is too long.  I was at the game last thursday when he threw the guy out at home plate, it was amazing. 

yeah he has so many holes in his swing that it would be almost impossible for major league pitching to not abuse him over time...hell he has never been able to hit minor league pitching
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mpmcgraw

He can't hit righties. He's at best a poor man's jayson werth.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

he should at least last on the roster when ibanez comes back. well i mean its either him or the illustrious paul bako, so...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

He's better than everyone on the bench outside of stairs he shouldn't go back down at all.

BigEd76

Mayberry is a decent bench option but he's not their long-term solution for a corner OF spot.  It's gonna be Taylor as long as they don't trade him for 2 months of Jason Marquis or some bullsh** like that...