2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

this is the one thing i wasn't expecting this year......a complete debacle out of the pen.  no one coming out of the pen has been anything close to automatic this year.  madsen has probably been the best of the bunch but he's been a little inconsistant as well.  

it's like i'm watching the phillies circa 2004 all over again.  total inconsistancy from top to bottom.  offense, defense, sp and relief.  it's been all over the map this year.  

ice grillin you

its not a debacle out of the pen...they have been more than good this year...but they can only make so many appearances in two and a half months and they have now gone past the tipping point

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 18, 2009, 04:15:41 PM
its not a debacle out of the pen...they have been more than good this year...but they can only make so many appearances in two and a half months and they have now gone past the tipping point

you're probably right.  i've only seen a handful of games this year and then maybe follow another few via gamecast, but i swear just about every time the pen has sucked chimp tits. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 18, 2009, 04:23:09 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 18, 2009, 04:15:41 PM

you're probably right.  i've only seen a handful of games this year and then maybe follow another few via gamecast, but i swear just about every time the pen has sucked chimp tits. 

i think lidges suckiness especially his back to back implosions against LA (which maybe you watched being out wherever the hell youre and thus is fresher in your mind) overshadows how good the rest of the pen has generally been

ice grillin you

clutch shtein by jimmy and the dumb hawaiian...now finish this shtein off and get into the weekend up three still

BigEd76

ice grillin you

clutcher shtein by the ex phillie

btwn rolen and barajas easy must be taking a razor to his wrist right about now

Sgt PSN

yeah, i saw all of the la series and the yankee series was shown out here too.  it's not just the pen though.....i'm seeing suckiness from all parts of the team whenever they're on tv out here which is annoying.  it'd be nice if they could play a half decent game on the rare occassion i'm able to watch.  

BigEd76

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 18, 2009, 04:42:25 PM
yeah, i saw all of the la series and the yankee series was shown out here too.  it's not just the pen though.....i'm seeing suckiness from all parts of the team whenever they're on tv out here which is annoying.  it'd be nice if they could play a half decent game on the rare occassion i'm able to watch.  

i thought they played real well against LA outside of lidge...and they took two of three against the yanks...the sandwich game just happened to be on national tv (meanign you saw it) and the one they choked away...that game still infuriates me more than any other this year...beautiful first start by happ for six innings...spotless 7th from durbin and a pristine 8th from your set up guy into your closer...exactly what youre supposed to do and the way youre supposed to do it...farging textbook...and then that cum face lidge blows it....i havent been that mad at a sports loss in a while

BigEd76

ice grillin you

BigEd76

they got swept at home by Florida and came into this series missing all 5 starting pitchers from the beginning of the season.

Go Orioles

btw they're 4-8 since that fun winning streak against Washington and San Diego and had leads in 6 of the 8 losses.  They're also 8-18 at home against everyone except Washington...