2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I fell asleep watching the DVR...fargin bums.

The Pen is on tonight at 8/7 on MLB Network.

Sgt PSN

did josh farging beckett really hit a hr?

at least the yanks are blowing out the mets, 13-0.  nice outting johon.  lolololol

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 14, 2009, 10:13:54 AM
if there wouldn't have been the rain delay, i would have liked to have seen how he responded to getting beat up so early in the game just to see where he's at mentally.  obviously the dude isn't ready to be a full time addition to a major league rotation.  you could tell that even in his first 2 starts primarily because he still has control and location issues.  but if he would have been able to get right back out there and pitch a few more innings it would be a great indicator of whether or not he's a mentally tough pitcher which is more important than control imo.  coaching and practice can fix control.  strong mental make up is something you either have or don't.  and since he got pretty good run support and solid defense in his first couple of starts, it's not a great measuring stick for how well he handles adversity.  dude's got some talent though, that much is evident.  and his name rocks. 

there couldnt be a worse match up for odb and his wildness than the red sox lineup and their ridiculous patience at the plate...its a perfect storm

Quote from: SunMo on June 13, 2009, 09:09:40 AM
i would have to think that Joyce was the crew chief and that's the only reason why it was his call

no umpire on the field should decide whether a play gets reviewed or not

chan ho eaton going for another win today
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 14, 2009, 03:26:30 PM
Quote from: SunMo on June 13, 2009, 09:09:40 AM
i would have to think that Joyce was the crew chief and that's the only reason why it was his call

no umpire on the field should decide whether a play gets reviewed or not

i don't even like having replay, but if it's going to be part of the game then you are spot on.  baseball umps are arrogant enough that the thought of possibly making a mistake won't enter their minds at all.  the league needs to have a replay official type person at every game to make the decision.  either that or there needs to be some sort of "challenge" system in place for the managers to use at their discretion.  give each manager 1 challenge a game. 

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

ice grillin you

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

BigEd76

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN