2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The arrogance shown by MLB umpires amazes me. They act like they never make mistakes. Hello, Jim Joyce...that is a textbook reviewable call and you don't even take a look?!? And then tell Charlie that you were on it all the way and you will not review it? Unreal. That was a HR.

And...the HP umpire was all over the joint tonight. How many K's were there tonight? 35?

The 2-2 pitch to JD Drew prior to his HR was a goddamn strike.

Geowhizzer

My first inclination on Dobbs' hit was that it was foul, but I thought it was close enough to warrant a check.

BigEd76

I missed most of the game because I was working on an emergency at the office.  The first part of the game I get to see is the Dobbs "HR".  Stupid foul poles not being high enough.  Should've hit it lower....ha.  Oh well....get em the next two.  They had no shot with Lester on the mound anyway, and three demoralizing losses in a row by the Mets makes things OK.  btw the magic number is now 100.  Yes I know it's June.

Meanwhile, check out this cool pic of the Phils' first draft pick at his signing:

Spade
Jonathan Loughran (the angry Philly sports fan in Sandler/Nicholson's "Anger Management")
igy's god Kevin James
Kelly Dugan's mom Sharon,
Kelly's dad Dennis (a producer/director that's worked with Sandler for years)
Kelly
Rock
Shane Bowers (the Phils west coast scout)
Sandler

ice grillin you

how awsome is kevin james...

#1 mets fan even wearing a phillies hat to support his mans son....something i certainly would NEVER do

but turning it backwards so theres no conclusive evidence that he ever had a phillies hat on

why are people ripping kendrick so bad...he came out the minors into a game against the best team in baseball in extra innings and got the side out on 7 pitches...yeah two innings was asking to much from him but he did fine....the offense has to score a run

as for the home run call it was the correct call and even if reviewed would never have been overturned so im not mad about that...what is so ridiculous is the rule that its up to the ump who made the original call as to whether they are going to go to replay...its a massive conflict of interest...someone from a booth somewhere needs to make the call to go to replay

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i would have to think that Joyce was the crew chief and that's the only reason why it was his call
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

paul blart is a total sellout. on what planet should a mets fans ever wear  a phils cap.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

Kyle's awful inning got him sent back to LV.  Escalona returns...

Don Ho

5-0 already.  Dice K is beatable so let's make up for those boneheaded errors in the top of the first or I'm going surfing. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on June 13, 2009, 07:29:29 PM
5-0 already.  Dice K is beatable so let's make up for those boneheaded errors in the top of the first or I'm going surfing. 

I turned it off and watched an entire movie, and now it's just the top of the 3rd?  How long was the rain delay?

MDS

easy kendrick was sent down more so because they need a fresh arm, but his continued crappiness certainly didnt help
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

bums.  a lot of veteran pitchers will have a hard time compensating for 3 errors, let alone a rook in his 3rd start.....especially since he couldn't throw strikes. 

lost the series to the sawx.  take it tomorrow just to stop the mini skid. 

why can't this farging team win at home? 

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 13, 2009, 09:43:50 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on June 13, 2009, 07:29:29 PM

I turned it off and watched an entire movie, and now it's just the top of the 3rd?  How long was the rain delay?

I don't know as I actually did go surfing.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 14, 2009, 12:53:12 AM
bums.  a lot of veteran pitchers will have a hard time compensating for 3 errors, let alone a rook in his 3rd start.....especially since he couldn't throw strikes. 

lost the series to the sawx.  take it tomorrow just to stop the mini skid. 

why can't this farging team win at home? 

They still need to add another starter, basticho needs work and lastnight was a sign of things to come.

Sgt PSN

if there wouldn't have been the rain delay, i would have liked to have seen how he responded to getting beat up so early in the game just to see where he's at mentally.  obviously the dude isn't ready to be a full time addition to a major league rotation.  you could tell that even in his first 2 starts primarily because he still has control and location issues.  but if he would have been able to get right back out there and pitch a few more innings it would be a great indicator of whether or not he's a mentally tough pitcher which is more important than control imo.  coaching and practice can fix control.  strong mental make up is something you either have or don't.  and since he got pretty good run support and solid defense in his first couple of starts, it's not a great measuring stick for how well he handles adversity.  dude's got some talent though, that much is evident.  and his name rocks.