2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

1.21 gigawatts?

I hadn't seen the OTL video of the discussion
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

in this day and age, it's pretty much impossible to not look at a guy like ibanez and think he's on/was on something.  you'd really have to turn a blind eye to completely ignore his numbers.  at the same time though, he faced better pitching in the AL, played on teams that didn't have this good of a lineup so there he didn't see as many good pitches and hit in parks that weren't nearly as hitter friendly. 

having said that, ibanez is gawd.  i questioned the move to replace burrell with him.  didn't think it was a bad move, just didn't think it would be a great move either.  oops. 

Rome

PhillyGirl

Wright looked like he was going to cry when Werth made that catch.

It was fan farging tastic.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06112009/sports/mets/phils_make_winning_plays__mets_dont_173609.htm?&page=1

You have some simple truths. You have one team, the Phillies, the defending champions of the world, who have earned an advanced degree in the complicated art of winning baseball games. And you have another, the Mets, who simply seem bent on making things complicated, period.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

If the Mets ever figure out how to win and actually get players who aren't choke artists, and get a manager who doesn't manage games like a crackhead, and get fans who aren't the worst human beings on earth, and rid themselves of their retarded mascot, and move to a city that isn't a complete toilet, they'll have to be reckoned with.

BigEd76

-- Bobby Wine's son and Amaro's nephew were drafted by the Phils today. Wine was Penn State's 1st baseman, and Amaro is heading to Virginia.

-- Pablo Ozuna was suspended 50 games for a substance violation

-- Moyer vs. Redding in the "who sucks less?" matchup tonight

-- Stark says Bedard is the pitcher heard the most for Phillies trades but doesn't think he'll fit in with this clubhouse.  He also says Happ, B*stardo, Drabek, Dominic Brown and Jason Knapp are off-limits in trade talks and Carrasco and Donald would require an All-Star in return, but Marson and Michael Taylor will likely be used in a trade.

Rome

What team would be stupid enough to give up an all-star for Carrasco & Donald?

SunMo

two soft ass 90mph fast balls right down the middle and howard can't farging touch them, pathetic

Cy farging Redding at it again
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 11, 2009, 05:59:27 PM
What team would be stupid enough to give up an all-star for Carrasco & Donald?

none...those guys are pieces you include with one of their lower level potentially big time prospects...carrasco or donald as a centerpiece isnt getting you a frontline starter

i dont understand why they are so willing to give up taylor

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

why is charlie situational pitching to francisco martinez with two out and no one on?

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer