2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on June 08, 2009, 06:31:52 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 07, 2009, 11:25:19 PM
maybe jobu finally got his rum.

Ha - nice export from the movie thread.

actually, i think i made this comment first. 

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 07, 2009, 11:38:15 PM
dodger lineup is crazy overrated imo...the fact that they are second in runs is amazing to me...but i think over the last month they are starting to show their true colors

farg this should have been a four gamer

i don't think their lineup is as good as the stats indicate either, especially without manny in the lineup.  but at the same time, they've been swinging fairly hot bats all year so to go in and shut them down offensively is still an accomplishment. 

BigEd76

ha....Rollins is leading at shortstop for NL All-Stars.  what a joke

Ibanez is the #1 outfielder (and Victorino is #6 and Werth is #8)

Utley is over a million ahead of 2nd place for 2B

Howard is #2 at 1B (Pujols)

Feliz is #4 at 3B

Ruiz is #5 at catcher

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

The baseball one, yeah.  The other sports, I'll check out a few minutes but that's it...

Sgt PSN

The mlb all star game is by far the best of all sports mostly because they still play defense just the same as they would in a regular game. Diving catches, going over the wall to grab a would be hour, etc etc.  The only thing that players really ease up on are take out slides at 2nd and collisions at home plate.

hbionic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 08, 2009, 02:07:01 PMDiving catches, going over the wall to grab a would be hour, etc etc. 

Nothing pisses me off like when an outfielder lets an hour go by.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

LBIggle

MDS

the nba is the only watchable one. mlb all star game is awful when you have a 9th inning match up of random pirates all star vs. random orioles all star deciding the game. maybe if they had free substitution or kept the starters in it would be good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 08, 2009, 02:07:01 PM
The mlb all star game is by far the best of all sports mostly because they still play defense just the same as they would in a regular game. Diving catches, going over the wall to grab a would be hour, etc etc.  The only thing that players really ease up on are take out slides at 2nd and collisions at home plate.

Ah, the old days...

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Little history lesson for the whippersnappers:

The picture is the last play of the 1970 All-Star game.  Rose bowled over Fosse to score the winning run for the National League.  Fosse suffered a seperated shoulder and was never the same player again.  Rose caught hell for the rough play in an exhibition game, and of course you wouldn't see that kind of play in the All-Star game today.  Bunch of Hoydas.

LBIggle

by rough play, do you mean rape?  because it looks like rape.. and if thats what you mean.. i'm all for it.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee