2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on June 06, 2009, 07:28:28 PM
he aint snakebit he just hurt. or worse. time to pull the plug.

I still think his knee is the main problem.  It's keeping him from being consistent in his delivery, and he's been getting his pitches up.

But last night and tonight was some bad luck for him.  Feliz' error (from a usually sure-handed third baseman), and Werth being this close to catching that homer from Furcal.

I would still put him on the DL to give the knee some rest.   But what do I know?

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

"Last year's last year and this year's this year," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said. "He's got the same stuff he had last year, but that's baseball. Right when you think you've got this game whipped, it can jump right up and bite you. But he'll always be my guy. If you do something else with him, I think that could hurt his confidence."

Charlie usually don't lie so Lidge it is. Hard to turn on the guy but the results are putrid.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

lol at all you fools trying to defend lidge after last night...cept romey who was spot on it...lidge is a pos disgrace and needs to not be on the roster

7th eyre/madson
8th ceasar
9th madson

thanks for last year bradley but youre finito
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

A POS disgrace?!

So the guy is struggling a year after being perfect and helping to deliver the WFC...and now he's a POS disgrace?

Exhibit A of Philadelphia sports fans turning on players (IGY and much of the phillies MB for their remarks)

ice grillin you

guess you havent watched the phils this year yet....theres no reasoning or validation to have him in the closer role right now...he is pathetic and needs to earn his way back in...its not like we are in the second week of the season.....the guy has been the hindenberg for 3 months now...its time to go

MDS

harsh words from the mets fan but in no way shape or form should lidge be closing. he goes to middle relief and madson closes. he wants the job back he needs to win it back.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

He'd be terrible in middle relief right now too.

He needs to go on the DL, plain and simple.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

lololololol at hating on lidge.  calling him a pos and saying he's done is rediculous.  his problem right now is location which is obviously being affected by his knee.  because it's not like his slider has lost movement or his cutter doesn't tail in on hitters.  the movement is still there and if cholly would just dl him for a couple weeks then he may actually start being more effective. 

Rome

There's no reason for him to be pitching right now.  Romero pitches the eight and Madson closes.  Enough is enough until he gets himself straightened out.

hbionic

basticho is pitching for you guys today. That's awesome. Maybe Pinche and Puto will pitch for you guys next week as well.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

Quote from: hbionic on June 07, 2009, 01:13:37 PM
basticho is pitching for you guys today. That's awesome. Maybe Pinche and Puto will pitch for you guys next week as well.

And you can have a family reunion!

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

Well they used to have a Punto; does that count?

As for Lidge...what is he going to go on the DL with? Is he hurt? If the Phils put him there without being hurt and he objects then its a problem.

He will be ok, I think. Its still early and even though he has single handedly (with an assist from Feliz) cost them two games in the standings and their win streak, he is a premier closer still.

ice grillin you

i dont think id call june early

we are 1/3 of the way into the season

people were destroying choke one month into last year...now we are over 3 months...its not early for lidge or jimmy