2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

it's easy to pin that game on lidge and feliz but i'm not going to.  yeah, feliz booted a routine grounder but the phils had plenty of opportunities to tack a few extra runs on the board throughout the game and didn't.  they were horrible w/risp from start to finish.  rollins better pull his head out of his ass with the quickness.  this was a team loss. 

way to blow a very good outting by moyer.  dicks. 

oh, and as far as ibanez's kind of fruity looking swan jump on that fly ball at the wall, there is about a foot and a half of padding that sticks out towards the bottom of the wall and it looked to me like that's what threw him off.  i think he knew it was there but since he's a career american leaguer, he probably doesn't have any, or much experience playing in dodger stadium and it looked like he had to take his eye of the ball for a split second so that he could locate that padding.  otherwise, if he's just running full speed and doesn't see it, he's going to go into that thing right around his shins and probably would have ended up going face first into the wall. 

PhillyPhreak54

I don't know if this can be pinned on Lidge, even though he had three straight guys 1-2.

The Blake hit was one where he threw his bat at the ball and dumped it into the OF. Then he walked a guy, which is a problem. But when he gets a routine grounder to one of the better defensive 3B in the game, he has to make that play.

Come out today and keep up the good SP and knock Kuroda around and it'll be all good.

Rollins has been putrid. Come on, Jimmy...pick your shtein up, cuz.

phattymatty

was watching the game at the bar last night, when rollins came up with the bases loaded scully goes "two things happen here with rollins at bat, he can't hit worth a lick, but on the other hand he's due."

Rome

Lidge could have picked up Feliz but instead he threw a meatball down the middle and Ethier crushed it.

It's on Lidge.

LBIggle

4 tries to get the last out.

and rome's right.. he threw a farging beachball right down the middle to ethier.

its not all on him.. but he's the closer.  you get the job done.  simple as that.

rollins is putrid.. he shouldn't see the top of the lineup again until he proves he can hit.

Geowhizzer

Last year Furcal's wallscraper would have been caught by Werth.

Lidge used up two years' worth of luck last year, and has none this year.  Snakebit.

Geowhizzer

MDS

he aint snakebit he just hurt. or worse. time to pull the plug.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

he can ride the bench next to rollins.

he's done.  injury.. luck.. inability to pitch against anybody but the nationals, who cares.. he should be done costing this team wins.

the offense isn't clicking on all cylinders like it was right now.. it needs the pitching to pick it up and everyone has except farging moley.

MDS

im not sure who you are but im pretty sure all this pent up anger about a first place team that won the world series last year isnt really healthy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

If Lidge can bounce back from this it will be just short of a miracle.  No one has any confidence in him right now.  Safe to say none of us felt good when he took the mound last night and tonight with a one run lead. The saves he had against the Nats and a struggling Padre team didn't show us much.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

LBIggle

im not sure how u tell the tone of a typed message, but ok.  its not anger.. just frustration of watching the same thing night in and night out already knowing the outcome.  lidge isn't lidge of last year and something needs to be done about it.  yeah they won the series last year.  yeah their in first place.  neither will be the case at the end of the year if their closer situation isn't taken care of and their leadoff hitter can't figure out that popups are bad.  lidge is obviously the bigger problem because he's directly costing this team wins. 

MDS

rollins' career numbers indicate he will turn it around. he probably should be dropped in the order but hes the shortstop, for better or for worse.

lidge yea, either dl or hes off to middle relief. something aint right with him.

but the nl east title is more or less locked up. the mets are a total joke and the braves and marlins cant compete even with a depleted phils squad. so chill there buddy.

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

just great.  

Yes,  it is frustration.  Bums should be up 3-0 in this series.  If the Dodgers were beating the living daylights out of them, ok we can deal with it.  Two days in a row of watching Lidge implode is beyond frustrating.  Phils need to address this immediately.

I still love the half empty stadium on a Saturday afternoon with 2 of the best teams in the National League.  My hatred for Dodgers fans is rapidly equalling that of my hatred for Lakers fans.

Thank god it's only June 6.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.