2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Hamels just continues to show that when he's physically right he's the best starting pitcher in baseball.   If he ever finds a way to stay healthy and on his game, he'll be a perennial 20 game winner.

And Scully is great.  It's a pleasure to listen to someone just call the game rather than hearing non-stop bullshtein that has nothing to do with the game being played on the field.

phattymatty

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

I hate them, they all smell like American Eagle and Cool Ranch Doritos
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

I've also heard the opposite on Scully, that he rambles on and on and should've retired years ago.  I remember him from NBC Saturday Game of the Week and the World Series with Joe Garagiola and thought those two were pretty good.  Haven't heard a lot of Vin lately though, and yeah he doesn't do road games anymore...

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 05, 2009, 10:47:41 AM
I've also heard the opposite on Scully, that he rambles on and on and should've retired years ago.  I remember him from NBC Saturday Game of the Week and the World Series with Joe Garagiola and thought those two were pretty good.  Haven't heard a lot of Vin lately though, and yeah he doesn't do road games anymore...

those people are idiots...hes absolutely incredible...id have to think about it but hes probably the best announcer ive ever heard in sports...what i dont get about him is how he can be so old and not have dropped off one bit

his stroies are so good...the tom house story he told last night was interesting
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 05, 2009, 10:25:00 AM
I hate them, they all smell like American Eagle and Cool Ranch Doritos

Hey hey hey...I have our cologne, it smells pretty good.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on June 05, 2009, 12:06:00 AM
come on phreak

Where we goin', Todd?

Agreed on Scully being awesome. I've listened to him a lot since I've had MLBEI and I dig his style and voice a lot.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

rjs246

Thanks Jay. Between you and Sassy, I'm getting lots of homo thrown my way this week. Sinners.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds