2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

LBIggle

cole's dealing.. rollins probably shouldn't be leading off right now, and definitely shouldn't when victorino gets back. 

howard forgot to run home. 

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 04, 2009, 11:59:46 PM
Werth's bat seems to be coming back.

yes, that is a good sign.. now they can use him to protect howard with a righty.. or to move him up so they can drop rollins until he finds his swing (hopefully soon).

LBIggle

Eagles_Legendz

Cole's dealin.

Good to see Jimmy's still got warning track power.

BigEd76

LBIggle

no HR's.. man this offense is in a slump.

but seriously.. 4 games up.. keep on rollin on the road boys.

Sgt PSN

great game by king.  90some pitches in 9 innings.  dude was absolutely dealing.  

this is the first time i've ever heard vin scully call a game.  i've heard playbacks of individual calls before, but never heard anything more and the guy is amazing.  the dodgers do the broadcast right too because it's all vin, all the time.  no color guy, no analyst.  so all of his commentary is directed straight to the viewer.  it made the game even more enjoyable.  

Don Ho

How true.  Scully is amazing.  He tells it like it is and is a wealth of knowledge.  The Dodgers at one time had one of the best crews ever with Scully, Rick Monday and Jerry Daggett.  They were so far from being homers you had no idea who they were the announcers for.  I guess Scully doesn't travel much if it all with the team as we had those two other clowns on Fox Sports West when the Dodgers were in Philadelphia last month.  Steve Lyons was one of them and he is just pure awful.  I assume Charlie Steiner is just doing radio for the Dodgers?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.