2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

QuoteWheels first words to Sarge were "You a**hole...look what you've done!"

ha

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 04, 2009, 07:56:45 AM
are these west coast games killing anyone else?

im so friggin tired

I've had tests at 8AM this week so I usually make it to the 4th or 5th, leave the TV on, and somehow wake up in the 9th to watch the end.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on June 04, 2009, 11:39:33 AM
Kyle Drabek's debut in AA last night, 7 innings...no runs, topped out at 99

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20090604_Kyle_Drabek_strong_in_Reading_debut.html

Article said that gun was probably wrong and that he was hittin 95 on another gun. Still impressive, he's got #1 potential. I think Carrasco has moved from #1 pitching prospect in the minors to #3 behind Drabek and basticho.

Seabiscuit36

not bad for a guy coming back from Tommy John, and someone that the scouts thought had more potential at SS
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

its weird to me how someone can throw 95-99 and only strike out four at the AA level

and before you freaks flip and and say that im hating im not...i think he can be a frontline pitcher and i fully expect him to strikeout 11 his next start but that immediately jumped out at me when i saw the box score last night

if he pitches when reading comes down to bowie in a couple weeks im gonna go see him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

4so's and 3 walks isnt impressive, but 7 innings is pretty damn good.  What ever happened to Scott Mathieson?  He was the next billy wagner until his elbow blew out according to baseball nerds
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

he had another tommy john and i believe is out again for this whole season

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 04, 2009, 12:33:31 PM
its weird to me how someone can throw 95-99 and only strike out four at the AA level

and before you freaks flip and and say that im hating im not...i think he can be a frontline pitcher and i fully expect him to strikeout 11 his next start but that immediately jumped out at me when i saw the box score last night

if he pitches when reading comes down to bowie in a couple weeks im gonna go see him

Velocity isn't everything, I'd rather throw 90-92 and have great movement on my fastball.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Kinda makes you feel like shtein when a 46 year olds change up is still faster than you could ever throw a baseball.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 04, 2009, 01:27:40 PM
Velocity isn't everything, I'd rather throw 90-92 and have great movement on my fastball.

in double a it normally is...you can throw 95-99 on a tee in AA and get more than four strikeouts...and he will

not to mention when you throw that hard it makes your off speed stuff that much nastier...at least it should

i suspect he was throwing well below 95 last night

SunMo

how can you throw something on a tee?  are you throwing the whole tee with the ball?  if so, i would think that is much more distracting than just a ball coming at you, and i doubt you can throw a tee 95 mph.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you