2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Looks like Myers is done, Escalona called up

QuotePhillies team doctor Michael Ciccotti said Myers could return to mound to begin throwing 10 to 12 weeks after the operation and it would be another three to six weeks before the pitcher would be ready.

"We're pretty concerned about it, obviously," Amaro said. "We don't know how rehab will go but we have to operate under the assumption that he'll miss a significant amount of time, if not the rest of the season."

Said Myers: "I told [Kelly] I wanted to be back in September, but he said it's a long shot."

Geowhizzer

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 30, 2009, 10:43:27 AM
Buster Olney on the possibilities.

Penny?  Meh.  I don't think he'd be a good match with CBP.

I'm intriqued with Bedard, but I think Seattle wants a king's ransom, and I'm not sure his mental make-up is a good fit with Philly.

Oswalt would be a fantastic addition... 3 years ago.  Today, I would be interested at the right price.

Peavy would be a great pick up, but he's not coming here.

At this point, the Phils probably need two starters.  Even with a trade, there may be a call to Pedro.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagles_Legendz

Amaro said yesterday that he won't be contacting Pedro and the immediate solution will come down to one of Carrasco, basticho, Carpenter, or Kendrick.  I know what I'm getting with Kendrick and Carpenter and it's not good, so I'd rather roll the dice with CC and basticho, both of whom are very promising prospects.

They aren't getting two pitches because they aren't removing Moyer anytime soon and Happ has pitched well.  I'd rather just let one of the kids pitch then trade a prospect for the likes of Brad Penny.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Kendrick sucks and Carpenter is worse.  I'd rather take my chances with AB* or Carrasco, even if AB is a lefty. 

ice grillin you

im saying its not an option because hes a lefty...ill eat a piece of my own poo poo if they put four lefties in one rotation....has there ever been a rotation with four lefties in the 130 years of pro baseball?....if there has id like to know how many times its happened

and hes not ready anyway...i wouldnt wanna take a chance on setting him back or wrecking him

go with chan ho till they can swing a deal

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

actually olson is pitching sunday...did jaku get hurt or sent down?

QB Eagles

ice grillin you