2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Report on DNL is MRI revealed "Fraying of the hip labrum" and may require season ending surgery.

Awesome.

Edit: Official statement from the Phillies says an Xray last night showed possible bone spurs...seeking a 2nd opinion....."may miss his next start" hah
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 28, 2009, 06:34:50 PM
So now they need 2 starters. 

3 if you dont trust happ....the odds of him pitching well enough to stay in the rotation the rest of the year are 50/50
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Good news: they'll probably re-sign him on the cheap. I don't wanna lose him to the FA market.

As far as this season goes....sonofabitch. :boom

ice grillin you

why would you not wanna lose myers....hes a hot headed slightly above 500 wife beating home run pitching machine...i mean if they brought him back so be it but if he left next year i dont think a single phillie fan would care and many would cheer it

PhillyPhreak54

Hot headed is good sometimes...I like guys who have some attitude. And besides that, when is the last time he's done something to be described as hot headed? When him and Charlie got into it last year in the dugout?

He is a good pitcher and in a day when pitching is an absolute premium you hold onto guys like Myers. He's a good #2/#3 guy to have..

ice grillin you

every other time he gives up a homer or has a ball bounce not his way he loses it...look i dont really care either way...i just dont know how you can be worried about whether he stays or not..especially in may

Don Ho

kind of like i could give a shtein about durbin.  icehole is farging up again.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.